Looking for a Good Electric Bashing/Trick Car, Please suggest any Ideas...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I am looking for an electric car that is fairly strong and durable, to take off of jumps and do tricks with. I want a car that has a lot of torque/speed so I can fly off of jumps, and I was looking to pull back flips. I have seen the RC18t and RC18MT, and they look decent if you upgrade to the brushless kits... I want electric, because in general, they are a lot cheaper to fix than Nitro. Thanks
-Pat (redhatman)

redhatman said:
I want electric, because in general, they are a lot cheaper to fix than Nitro. Thanks
-Pat (redhatman)

This is not true. If you get an electric with enough power to do back flips it won't be cheap. An esc that can handle a fast motor $70.00 or more. A fast descent brushed motor like a 12 turn or less cost around $40.00 or more and will only get around 10-15 runs before it needs a rebuild. A brushless system is anything but cheap, good batteries cost a bundle. Don't forget about a charger. I went to electric thinking it would be cheaper than nitro.....Boy was I wrong. I started simple but it didn't have enough power so in went the brushless. Now it had the power but would break every time I ran it so more hop ups to make it stronger. When I was finally satisfied with it I had over $800.00 in just the Stampede. That's not counting the two chargers at $100.00 a piece or the batteries. I love electric rc's they are clean, quiet, and can be very fast and fun but they are not cheap.

PS: A Stampede is a very tough truck...Put a brushless system in it and you can almost do a backflip on flat ground LOL

i would agree with smaxxin, electric is more expensive. but yea for strong trucks, get a stampede. they have good strength to them, and if you want stronger, theres plenty of aftermarket products in doing so. trust me pedes are strong, I've launched mine off a 2 story house with a 15 turn motor and an intellispeed esc rated to handle 12 turn motors, and stock suspension and chassis and it handled fine, nothing broke.

Id go with The Emaxx. Electric Stampedes look pretty cheasy to me. Plus all the tmaxx parts will fit on a emaxx and theres ALOT of parts for them. Thatd be the way Id go.

i would have to say the e-maxx

lyle

E-MAXX is fun and also the electric rustler.

Instead of making the same thread twice, just bump an older thread if it has exactly the same content and/or question.
It will be easier for you to view the info, instead of looking through two threads.

Ratzo, please show me the thread I made before, as this thread was started on 6/22, and it is now 7/4/2005. Please give me a link to the other thread.

Here you go.
Started on 5/22/05
Almost the same exact thread.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31385

Here is the header from this thread,

Looking for a Good Electric Bashing/Trick Car, Please suggest any Ideas...
Hey, I am looking for an electric car that is fairly strong and durable, to take off of jumps and do tricks with. I want a car that has a lot of torque/speed so I can fly off of jumps, and I was looking to pull back flips. I have seen the RC18t and RC18MT, and they look decent if you upgrade to the brushless kits... I want electric, because in general, they are a lot cheaper to fix than Nitro. Thanks
-Pat (redhatman)

And the header from the other.

I need a 4WD electric off road car.... Any Ideas?
Hey, I am interested in buying a 4wd electric off road car. I want a car with a lot of speed and built to last. I would like it to maybe be able to do backflips. I am willing to spend money and upgrade motor and stuff to get it a lot of speed. Does anyone have any good ideas? I am looking for a 4wd stadium truck, or 4wd Buggy. Thanks
-Pat (redhatman)

Last edited:
ok, thanks for the heads up. I totally forgot about that. Thanks Ratzo.

You got it Pat.
I'm not trying to stir the pot, just trying to help.

LOL.....Dude are you sure your name isn't P0T and not Pat.....

Back