Looking for a dust cover. You know of one?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD546

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
It seems like the only way to get a dust cover for my Pro4 is to but a new chassis that comes with one. Does anyone know if there is one for another truck that might work?

I don't use dust covers. For that reason.
Trap heat which may overheat the battery and ESC.
Also not to mention I don't run in the dirt so I'm fine.

I use it on my Slash, but I run it for no more than 10min. Then open it up and let it cool down for at least 20min.
Also, be aware that it actually can't filter out dust. Fine sand/dirt will make it through. It doesn't keep those small pebbles from getting into and destroying moving parts within the chassis.

You can use marine grade heat shrink cover..if you have a lake or bot storage near you try them..I have many by me but I'm in Michigan. by Lake Erie. cut holes to reduce heat

Many folks install a 1/8 Buggy body for a dust cover, no idea what will fit your Pro4, just take it to your local track and ask folks if you can test fit their bodies from various brands until you find one that will make a good fit ;)

You can make one using some pet proof screening and some velcro. It won't keep out dust or water but it will keep your chassis from filling up with crud. On my Proline Profusion it's my cover of choice.

Dusty Motors covers are cool. For summer temps get better fans. Or run electronics that won't be on the edge of their capability.

Dusty Motors covers are cool. For summer temps get better fans. Or run electronics that won't be on the edge of their capability.
Welcome back.

Back