looking at stronger servo for steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregM784

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
What is the take on these?

http://tinyurl.com/9883pr

Info: Blue Bird (#BMS-630MG) Super Strong Servo 14.6kg/0.17s

Weight:
49 grams / 1.73 oz.

Dimensions:
40.5 x 20 x 42 mm /

1.60 x 0.78 x 1.62 in.

Torque At 4.8V:
13.0kg-cm , 181 oz-in

Torque At 6.0V: 14.6kg-cm , 195 oz
Speed At 4.8V: 0.17 sec / 60° at no load
Speed At 6.0V: 0.15 sec / 60° at no load
Motor Type: Double magnetic motor
Wire Info Brown Wire = Battery Negative
Red Wire = Battery Positive
Orange Wire = Signal

bluebird servos aren't that great. Noisy, twitchy, generally inaccurate, wanders on home position, burn up or strip out for no reason.

I know it's cheap, but buying 2 or 3 to get half the life out of one good one kind of isn't worth it.

What vehicle are you putting a servo in?

Definitely the 94358. Great speed and torque for the price.

I tried a bluebird in my Revo. They suck. They can't be anywhere near the 200oz they advertise. Anyway, broke down and bought a JR 9100T with 370oz of torque and have never looked back. That servo is so fast and strong it's amazing. I also have a Hitec 7955 333oz servo in my Xray Truggy and it works pretty well too. It seems to be a little smoother than the JR, but the JR has noticeable power and response over the Hitec. I have a 2070 in my T-maxx and it works OK, but really if you want a good servo that you can depend on, spend the extra bucks and get a hi-end good servo. You'll be glad you did. Both the JR and the Hitec I run are in the $120 range, but worth every penny. You can find some good deals on them here and there if you look around.

Good luck,
Curt

The actual servo end that sticks out doesn't have an O-Ring, but the part where the servo opens up does.