Looking at getting into 1/8 truggy.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do they still make ofna parts?
Depends on which ofna it might be. Ofna was just a re-brander. Some of their cars were Hong-Nor. Some were Hobao. Hong-nor went OOB / was sold / most cars are no longer available (the new Redcat SCT is the old Hong Nor / Ofna Jammin SC10). If the car is a Hobao, Tower still stocks and sells those cars. However, if this is an old discontinued model, part will be hard to get. There are a few ebay and web shops with parts, though.

https://www.nitrohouse.com/ is what is left of the old Ofna brand. You may dig around their site, and see if your truck matches anything there.

@cbaker65 thank you for that site too. They all look so similar it's so frustrating

@cbaker65 thank you for that site too. They all look so similar it's so frustrating

Lol....You never know ,some parts may even enter change!

Heres my Robotronics Mantis its different ,but similar chassy format ,it was a common style
truggy chassy that every brand adopted ,the name truggy as well!

Might convert this to brushless later!

I just can't find one that matches the frame shape exactly

That's a nice truck.

Yes I have a 2wd ruckus that's all i have right now it goes 44mph 2s

I'm waiting on oversize bearings for the rear hubs.

Is that what it is? It has a 3500kv castle on it 26t pinion and a 85t spur

Yes I have gone through three sets of bearings on the last two weeks

Yes I have gone through three sets of bearings on the last two weeks

Ouch ,
I have kind of the same issue with my Mgt. ,but it has something to do with my wheel hubs ,
ever since I changed to aluminum bearing hubs ,its been eating up bearings ,I went through 3 sets!

I won some Fast Eddy bearings ,but I'm going to switch back to the plastic hubs & knuckles!
I got my truck tore down right now ,I should get it out an start putting it back together!..:cool:

Same here so I should switch back to plastic hubs too?

Same here so I should switch back to plastic hubs too?

Lol....what a coincidence!

I bash my truck hard ,an got tired of snapping the tie rod horns off the knuckles ,so I got
some aluminum ones ,now they eat up bearings ,an also ,they are SO FRECKING hard
to get the bearing reeses out of the hub!.....:doh::doh:

I don't want to destroy my new FE bearings ,so I'm switching back an putting aluminum
ones on the shelf queen Mgt.!

i know this thread is a bit old, but it almost looks like a kyosho inferno, front A-arms, rear turnbuckles, rear shock tower is similar. can't see the front well. hope the thread starter got this thing going or is making progress!

I read through this thread too wondering what the final outcome was.