Looking at getting a new rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valkyrierider

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am looking at getting a new 1/8 scale buggy or truggy. I saw that losi had the 8ight-t 2.0 rtr for around $800.00. It looks like it comes with some good components. I've seen the losi 454 run and it runs pretty good. I wanted to know if it would be ok to go with that or buy a race roller and build my own. I realy don't race much. I usually bash the local track with some friends. They run the losi 8ight electric buggy, but try as the might, they can't convert me from my fuel burners. I have a nitro rustler that I bash now, but I want something faster and tougher. If anyone could give me some advice before I sink $800.00 into something I won't be happy with, I would realy appreciate it.
Thanks

The losi 8 and 8t are proven winners. It is my plans to build one from a kit for racing only because of the tad bit better quality in suspension and a few other things. As far as the rtr version for bashing and backyard track running it will be an excellent rig. If you choose to build a kit as i do then plan on spending well over $1000 to complete it. The rtr comes with a spectrum dx3s with telemetry and a bump box starter. Hell those two items alone are over $300 sold seperatley.

Thanks for the input. My one bashing buddy purchased an 8-e a few months ago and said today that he might want to sell his rc8. He is supposed to get back with me on a price, but i really want the 8t.

One of these days I'm either gonna have a Mugen Truggy or the Losi Truggy. Zdragon has it right all the way. The kit will have a handful of better parts but the RTR does comes with a decent TX and a bumpbox. So if you dont have either and you dont really plan on racing much the RTR would be good.

Back