Looking at a Losi DBXL-E

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trains8989

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am currently researching on a 1/5th scale RC car electric and was looking at the Losi DBXL-E. I know that it has some weaknesses on the body, but I haven't looked at the chassis weaknesses.

Is there anything that you recommend that I do straight out of the box like new wheels, for example?

That thing is huge and awesome. The MadMax Giant Grips are often used as tires.
And ofcourse it needs some upgrades and modifications like every other rtr rc.
The biggest issue my friends complain about is that it devours lipo's. They all use the Max5 and Leopard combo.
You really need some seriously high powered high capacity lipo's for some acceptable runtime.

That thing is huge and awesome. The MadMax Giant Grips are often used as tires.
And ofcourse it needs some upgrades and modifications like every other rtr rc.
The biggest issue my friends complain about is that it devours lipo's. They all use the Max5 and Leopard combo.
You really need some seriously high powered high capacity lipo's for some acceptable runtime.
So 50C 4S batteries are not enough? I have to have 100C?

So 50C 4S batteries are not enough? I have to have 100C?
Hes talking about run time so youd want to get Lipos that have the highest mAh rating you can find that will still fit in your battery tray. 5000mAh is still gonna be fine though and 50C should be fine. The Losi kit has the same ESC as the Kraton 8S and has a lower KV motor and I run my K8 on 50 and 60C Lipos.

Also that thread is 2.5 years old so its unlikely you'll get a response from them