lookin to buy 1/8 scale rc trucks or buggys

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
good morning fellow rc peeps i just got back into rc buggys been like 10 yrs or more i bought a redcat buggy cheap parts likin it but am looking for some starters for my twins boys they will be 7 and love the nitro buggy i have but am looking for a few more for all of us don't care of brand just a real hobby buggy or trucks not the wally world specials or radio shack type :first_place:

traxxas has a really good line up for beginners!!! go to traxxas.com and click on products and then you will see it labeld nitro,electric and so on click on the buttons and the lists of that kind of rc will show up...

the taxxas rustler is a good little rig, the bandit - slash2wd/or4wd- summit(reg/or 1/16 scale)E-Maxx- E Revo - stampede 2wd/or4wd -those are some good electric from traxxas.. and then there is the nitro version of each of them exep the bandit.. I have yet to see a nitro bandit..... I think that would be cool!!! my kids have been playing with r.c's for so long so they got their first nitro last x-mass Redcat Volcano-one is a blue truck,red/white baja bug/ and a black big rig.. I have more fun when they runn with me than any other time!!! good luck and you will get alot of feedback on this question!!!
Another good company I hear is Losi........

yes it is fun with the kids i do like my redcat the worst thing was getting the gear mesh right took a whole gear lol but now runs sweet hap local pd do run the gun love small towns 48mph before couldn't control it nice for rtr but found it better to just disassemble from start to make sure its all right lol china factory's but good prices

:first_place:

Associated, HPI, Losi and Traxxas are all good brands. Parts are a lot easier to find for these brands than for Redcat. I am still not sold on the durability of the Redcat either, but i know for a fact that the other brands that I listed will take a beating.

Me and my stepdaughter had a head on colision between her red cat and my 3.3 t-maxx and the only thing that happend was the way we hit it ripped her tire off (broke the rim) and scratch the skidplate on my maxx I thought hers was gonna be demolished but them red cats have proven durable!!!!

ya i have bashed my redcat against a traxas reno and were still runnin and smashin into one and other nothin broke yet

Back