Look what I got - New Restoration Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandalfnz

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
Starting a new project.

Will be a stunner!

Any tips, should I try and start it up, or pull it apart and do a deep clean?
Thing is, parts for this baby are so scarce, I am wondering if its worth pulling apart, as this way I am sure to need some replacements, due to seals and other bits breaking?

Tires on this kart are so soft and fragile. Does anyone know of any alternatives? Anything Tamiya or another brand that would fit?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_7223.JPG
    IMG_7223.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7224.JPG
    IMG_7224.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7225.JPG
    IMG_7225.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Nice rare item if I ever saw one. I saw one of these in an old issue a few weeks ago. Was wondering if any survived. 😀

Starting a new project.

Will be a stunner!

Thing is, parts for this baby are so scarce, I am wondering if its worth pulling apart, as this way I am sure to need some replacements, due to seals and other bits breaking?

Tires on this kart are so soft and fragile. Does anyone know of any alternatives? Anything Tamiya or another brand that would fit?

Cheers
Very nice.

I'm constantly browsing FB market place in the hopes of finding a abandoned RC from years ago to fix up and put on the shelf. :)

Very nice.

I'm constantly browsing FB market place in the hopes of finding a abandoned RC from years ago to fix up and put on the shelf. :)
Ebay had a few mini nitro rs4 and a super nitro rs4. What brand are you looking for?

Very cool. Looks like a fun project. If it were me, I would strip and clean. If you do, just a friendly remember to heat up any metal to metal screws in there so you don't break something and ruin parts trying to remove them.

OOOh wow
I remember these long time ago.

This is super nice .
RC Kart,

Holy Moly you are one lucky guy have one in your hands.

This is Insane how cool it is.

I'm so happy you have one.
This is a dream

I love Brushless,
but
this is maybe one of the few rigs i would keep Nitro if i had one my self.

Please do updates with many pictures, this is something extra .

Goddamn , my ENVY level goes up to 10 of 10 now

I like it 👍 SCORE!!!

Starting a new project.

Will be a stunner!

Cheers
Honestly. I would tear it all the way down. To the very last screw. Does the engine turn over willingly? What size tire does it run. Depends what type tamiya tires your looking at.. the hornet,hopper run a 1.9 wheel and a 2.85 tire.. little guy is badas* though nice score bud👍👍

That has got to be one of the coolest RC's I've every seen. Wish I had been into the hobby back then. Very nice find and can't wait to see the restore photos.

Thanks everyone! Sure is an amazing find!

The engine does turn over but not easily, I mean even with the glow plug out, you can notice the friction and stickiness.
Carb is like welded, does not move, even the carb dust boot is rock solid (any idea how to soften it again?), so yeah the whole engine I will take apart and clean.
One way bearing slips too.

I have attached the photos of the rear tires, as I got a new front set with the car.
I might try and repair those gaps with Sika, and see how it goes.
Any ideas what are my tires options, when it comes to brand new?

Attachments

• IMG_7234.JPG
    IMG_7234.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7236.JPG
    IMG_7236.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7235.JPG
    IMG_7235.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7237.JPG
    IMG_7237.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 30
That has got to be one of the coolest RC's I've every seen. Wish I had been into the hobby back then. Very nice find and can't wait to see the restore photos.
You can get motorcycles these days. It's crazy some of them fly.

Soak the carb in WD40. That should soften up and rejuvenate that carb boot. After you remove any of the plastic parts from the carb (not familiar with nitro here), maybe try some brake cleaner or throttle body cleaner on it to degumify it.

i have found many parts for that but not in the states, in germany or france or something and not listed as kyosho as they're sold as Graupner over there. Still not cheap and hard to get
What is the best way to clean castor oil gunk?

Thanks
i have found many parts for that but not in the states, in germany or france or something and not listed as kyosho as they're sold as Graupner over there. Still not cheap and hard to get
Is that a Kyosho kart?
no its a toy grade used to see in stores

gandalfnz, I'd take every bit of it apart and clean and rebuild it as factory as possible. I love that kind of stuff - great find! Be very-very careful with that fuel cell, I was rebuilding a Kyosho Nitro Boat and broke the plunger on the fuel cell - impossible to find, I am always on the prowl. That and the recoil are hard to find parts.