Long Island, New York ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone on the island looking to bash, or know of any good sites???

I think elburro bashes at the old Floyd Bennet Field airport

Originally posted by ImBroken
Anyone on the island looking to bash, or know of any good sites???

How far out on the Island are you? Robriquez is correct. Me and the GF bash at Floyd Bennett Field practically evey weekend long as its above 40 degrees out. Belt Parkway to 11s and follow signs.

EB

Hey Elburro, I'm about an hour & a half from you. I'm out in Patchogue, about 2 hours from Montauk Point.

HPIracer, where on the island are you ?

Originally posted by ImBroken
Hey Elburro, I'm about an hour & a half from you. I'm out in Patchogue, about 2 hours from Montauk Point.

HPIracer, where on the island are you ?

If we look at everyone in this thread from a geographical standpoint, then we could conceivable meet in the middle and have a bash fest. I am just about right in the middle between you and Robriguez and Team17.

You guys would probably all like Floyd Bennett Field. For RCers its like paradise especially for bashing. You can also fly things there but you have to belong to the "club" and there is a restricted area just for that.

They train police chopper pilots there and the FugiFilm blimp takes off and lands from Floyd Bennett. You can walk right up to it and talk to the pilot and stuff. You really don't know just how huge one of those things is till you're standing right there under it. One time it flew right past us on a landing approach and scared us silly. Didn't notice it till it was right on top of us.

EB

I ain't from the island but i do live 45 minutes north of white plains. if only we could get together for a bash at Bruckner Hobbies...

Originally posted by gthang
I ain't from the island but i do live 45 minutes north of white plains. if only we could get together for a bash at Bruckner Hobbies...

Funny you mention Bruckner. I tried to find it once but was unsuceesful. :)

errr, we can also have races and bashes in hyde park, but i don't know if they have cleaned up yet (flooding), and frankly, i don't really think you guys will travel all that way north...

Also, regarding the failed bruckner bash, what happened?

Originally posted by gthang
errr, we can also have races and bashes in hyde park, but i don't know if they have cleaned up yet (flooding), and frankly, i don't really think you guys will travel all that way north...

Also, regarding the failed bruckner bash, what happened?

I wasn't a failed bash. I was just getting into the hobby and I heard Bruckner has a track (indoor?) so I went to check it out and couldnt find the place.

EB

Ummm, i was reading a back issue of a RC car mag and they had a track listing in the back. I don't remember if bruckner hobbies was on the list. Bruckner Hobbies is in White Plains, about 1/4-mile from where i'm going to college, which i started before i got into RC.

I also found a hobby shop i believe it was on a Bruckner Lane, or something. NY as well.

I f you have time, you can find it by going to Central Park Avenue in White Plains. Where do you live? (City)

Speaking of bashes, i didn't realize that a bash meant flying trucks...lol!

But still, my dad has a 1980's era Tamiya monster truck, we ran it a few weeks ago, but he broke a steering knuckle. just have to find a way to replace the knuckle. BTW, the truck's electric. too slow but still jumps crazy. We might jump on the nitro MT bandwagon sometime in the next few months, with a Savage SS, not saying it's a done deal but since i'm getting out of college in december, might have a chance...

Last edited:
hey,
i live in nj about 15 miles outside the city. Any of you guys ever been to barnstormers? thats the track that I've been to once and plan on going back.
Andrew

Yo Rice, I'm in Elizabeth. Where is Barnstormers? Is it offroad or onroad?

Hey Rice i was planning on trying barnstormers this fri/sat how was it?