New motor and esc opinions needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Does anyone run a mamba x and slate motor combo in a trx4? Looking at getting one but want real world opinions. My vxl 3s system got ruined so it's time to get a new system. Any other recommendations or thoughts please let me know

Plenty of YT videos with this combo.

Exocaged did a good review with a Redcat Gen8.

RC Review did one with the TRX4 but using the Copperhead ESC.

For what it's worth, I moved the HW Fusion Pro 2300KV and it's the bomb. Amazing control, super quiet, massive torque and speed. It also runs longer on the battery. I believe both of them have gone that way on a few crawlers as well.

I'm running the HW Fusion 1800 SE in my crawler. It's a 2n1, it's inexpensive and works great so far.

I have the castle combo in my Axial Capra and it's great. Smooth startup and great power. All the settings can be adjusted via Bluetooth as well. I have the hobbywing axe system in a couple trx 4's and the castle system is very comparable but has a little more power.

@Xraycer has a TRX4. I think he put the Hobbywing Axe in his? I could be mistaken with this whole reply.

No, I have the Hobbywing Fusion in my Gen8. My TRX4 stock esc pooped out, so I replaced it with HW Quirun 1080
Gotcha. I don't think you had the body on it in the video I watched. I couldn't remember which one it was.