Lonely and sad. Here is how I handle it.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
I know this place is supposed to be for fun I guess. But it's just I'm the kind of person that I don't hide who I am and what I feel.

Number one be honest with yourself,

Number to the things around you,

And number three, the hard part is very hard part is people. Being honest to people can be hell to deal with. But you have to be. Or else you won't be true to yourself.

Everyone gets down in the dumps from time to time. You just got to focus on staying busy. RC is a stress reliever for me, but it also takes my mind off the pain I am in constantly. I live alone and am unable to get out and about too much due to some problems with pretty much my entire left side. I have to try to stay busy to keep from going insane from that and being stuck at home and indoors so much. The only real comforts is getting my son every other weekend, and I have a friend who comes by to help me out every once in awhile. If I were a bit more mobile, I would probably be volunteering somewhere. I have done that before and I really enjoyed it. Plus you meet some really cool people! Maybe you could try that.

Last edited:
if your lonely and sad get some help NOW.. this is a hobby have fun with it.. its impossible for a trained professional to help you unless you bring a copy of your post with you. keeping busy will not help you it will only compound your mental issue...

if your lonely and sad get some help NOW.. this is a hobby have fun with it.. its impossible for a trained professional to help you unless you bring a copy of your post with you. keeping busy will not help you it will only compound your mental issue...
My mother has been in and out of mental health institutions her whole life and I think for the most part they have done her more damage than good. There was one doctor that was keeping her on an even keel though, and not through meds. She connected with him I think. He died though and she just hasn't been able to manage her condition very well since then. So yeah, getting help is great advice, but you really have to find the right doctor to actually benefit from it.

@newnitro2020 - ya got 2 things going on. The loneliness is a pretty easy fix. Get out and do something. The sadness will probably be alleviated once you change your environment.

Last edited:
Everyone gets down in the dumps from time to time. You just got to focus on staying busy. RC is a stress reliever for me, but it also takes my mind off the pain I am in constantly. I live alone and am unable to get out and about too much due to some problems with pretty much my entire left side. I have to try to stay busy to keep from going insane from that and being stuck at home and indoors so much. The only real comforts is getting my son every other weekend, and I have a friend who comes by to help me out every once in awhile. If I were a bit more mobile, I would probably be volunteering somewhere. I have done that before and I really enjoyed it. Plus you meet some really cool people! Maybe you could try that.

Yeah that's the issue just indoors,

Limited pay some personal problems.

And just you know the RC thing kept me busy for a bit but then while when I injured myself and with the weather I got where I live.

It made it very uncomfortable.

So you do this summer was kind of boring.

Actually been trying to look up some threads of other people that I can relate to as far as RC the only person I was able to find recently. Was this guy about his T-Maxx.

This is exactly what I used to do I would just get rid of it or just sell it. And the problem is is that with the Nitro. What's the you-know-what hits the fans. You pretty much think well maybe I made a mistake or did something wrong with this thing and I'm selling it to get a new one or get something else.

I wonder how that guy is doing as far as that is concerned.

But other than that that's the thing that keeps me the Press is just limited transportation. Not able to get to a lot of places due to personal reasons myself. And it's hard to do with it. But I tell you what when I do get ready to go to places I come home I feel like I appreciate home better then getting sick of it.

We don't have a lot of money it makes a difference.

So far I can say the only thing I see different this year is learning what the tuning of a nitro engine is.

Everything else I don't want to be different that's a little more important than that Has never came to surface yet.

I wish I had someone that can help me take me to places because I tell you it's ridiculous. I used to be in good shape. But the shape I'm in now because of the weather it makes it hard to do these kinds of walks that I used to do.

And who wants to walk 3 hours from the house to a store. It's just everything that you said that's what I try to do I try to do things that are positive so I don't get myself losing my mind.

And I honestly say that it's very very hard. When you're very very very very limited. Recently I bought a Losi 8 Electric. But I honestly wanted a on-road car that will have the ability to take a 1/8 motor. Because there are loud and proud and very loud. Recently found this kid that I don't have no money for. And I'm trying to sell this other kid to get it.

Serpent 750 electric touring car. This thing is capable of allowing you to put a 1/8 motor in or larger as far as the largest one.

Recently I actually went to let archives and I put in Tower Hobbies from 2005 and found how easy it was and how cheap RC used to be. I mean what I mean is you could have $500 back then, are you could probably buy one or two kits out of the $500.

But now if you want to get a kit you want to pay about that amount $500 just for a kit. I'm talking about something that you really want to build in a way that you want to have fun building it.

The fluctuation is changed. Traxxas T-Maxx used to be at least around the $350 mark.

And I'm talking about the classic 2.5.

I know it's a Traxxas buff the price on a lot of their Nitros recently.

I noticed that on the internet back then you didn't have to pay taxes when you do internet orders and the only time you did is if they ship from came from the state you live in.

I go on Tower Hobbies now it's like we're in the heck am I doing here cuz it was nowhere near like it used to be.

I know it's been bankrupt I know all that mess but I'm saying that I never thought things would change between now and 7 to 10 years later.

I didn't really get into this RC stuff until very very very late around the mid 2010s sort of.

You practically got to scrape all over the Internet just to find something that fits you as far as kits. Because people definition of kits today is it's assembled you just need to add something or it's ready to run.

Easy pay tower Hobbies I'm sure if they carry surpent I would have probably got it from them using Ez Pay. The tower how he's don't have much what it comes down to really want to build kits that have a lot of parts you know. And kits that lots of lots of parts they already ready to run or almost ready to run you just add a radio in a motor.

So basically over all it's just money limitations RC related and none,

Being indoors so much,

Just a lot of other personal stuff.

I might have opened Pandora's Box by cray his thread but I figured I believe in one thing. I'd like to share it for other people so they could do it for themselves as well and their own trips.

One easy rule being honest with yourself.

Number two the things around you.

And number three. The hard part and the very very very one at Best, is the people because people could be something else to deal with. But at the same time you could be honest with yourself in the things around you but when it comes down to people you can't say too much as far as your personal stuff.

Purpose of this post is I said you know instead of being down maybe I can help someone being honest with themselves and things around them and maybe someone to people.
My mother has been in and out of mental health institutions her whole life and I think for the most part they have done her more damage than good. There was one doctor that was keeping her on an even keel though, and not through meds. She connected with him I think. He died though and she just hasn't been able to manage her condition very well since then. So yeah, getting help is great advice, but you really have to find the right doctor to actually benefit from it.

@newnitro2020 - ya got 2 things going on. The loneliness is a pretty easy fix. Get out and do something. The sadness will probably be alleviated once you change your environment.
Yeah I think it's more crucial with far as mental health professionals and places like that that children often get overlooked.

Some adults say that children help their kids fight getting to these places and these professionals are really they doing more damage to them.

Because there's a lot of crooked doctors and professor as far as the teachers and people alike.

But an adult world you have to be more careful. Because as a child you had more protection but as an adult it's like everything's on you because you're a man or woman you know.

I think that's one of the biggest controversial things about mental illnesses or just other things in general. Controversially some people give diagnosis just because they want to have an excuse to charge the insurance. And then you have some people that really really of the honest truth that will do and want to see the best and the true way.

But I see now that some of these professionals are more like your lawyers where they want money everything. The Integrity in a lot of these people comes more like a wolf in sheep's clothing in my opinion.

Sometimes you can think you know what a problem person has but to really really know you really got the really had the the patients and the profession to really study that person. Everybody looks like things at first glance and that's one of the more performance problems as far as people.

Makes it hard to find anywhere to get the right exact kind of performance. Are you know the number one Golden Rule is nothing is perfect and usually this excuses get use all the time when people ask for it the best of the best and then at the same time knowing that they're not going to get it and then someone of a third-party will say well nothing's perfect.

Of course nothing is perfect however performance if you do something right it doesn't have to be perfect as far as results. That's the problem we do everything that we feel but we never asked the the inward heart of the matter.

Everything is just this whole thinking pause negative advices. But these advices will only be useful if you apply them to the right condition and the right answers and solutions. Sometimes you just can't say certain stuff that people like that because some things are more complex than others.

Imagine going to a church for an example, are you being told that the Lord is going to do something good and you think this is a genuine message at first and at best may be something you want to hear. However and the end of the day every church that you know of just about say the same thing.

And the ultimate Golden Rule in the beginning with is money money money.

For me taking one step at a time it's sort of the motivation. But at the same time you need something that you can Excel and go forward. For instance if you have something flammable and it doesn't ignite properly that means it's not play accelerant to excel what you want to excel properly.

And a turn accelerant is to get something to shift or do something in a way to go forward. If I put the right kind of accelerant meaning the right stuff for answers so to speak and if that gets ignited and it starts it, then it works.

if your lonely and sad get some help NOW.. this is a hobby have fun with it.. its impossible for a trained professional to help you unless you bring a copy of your post with you. keeping busy will not help you it will only compound your mental issue... Well the post is not about this site or anything to do with RC. It was just a way to open an Avenue of people to express things.

The idea came from when I was just what I said lonely depressed and bored. And I figured rather than taking this energy and keeping it to myself I figured I'll pass it on so in case somebody ever need something that they can use to vent they can do it even if it has nothing to do with me as far as this post.

Quite a few things but sometimes the first things that people say sort of similar to what you saying sometimes it's a little more to it. I think some of us and even all of us have something in things they're a little more to it than just the first things that we hear or see or read.

One of the things I was hoping not to do with a half people take this as a pity party post it really was not meant to be. It was meant to say okay, there are other people who may feel the same way but are afraid to express it and sometimes because there's things are too personal I understand.

But rather than feeling sorry for myself I want to change my environment and will you call this platform? It's an environment a forum is an environment were there things and people around as well.

And this is under actually the chaos post.
the point of this post is I'm trying not to be afraid to speak up my mind. And bring that same Rhythm and energy to other people. Kind of like a jumper jumpstart a car or a battery.
Thank you all for your postings. I open this in case anybody maybe feel strange or a certain way it's no shame to express what's on your mind. Being honest with yourself and what's around you and the hard part is being an outlet to others. I believe in changing a conventional environment from what it is to even more than just that. You must expand your horizons even in environments that may find it strange at first.

I hope this post became encouraging. Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
@newnitro2020

I can say that we are all concerned for you, but the reality is this is not the right place to look for help. If your just ranting that's OK, but it sounds like you are looking for something. There are some other forums that are about depression and other issues that may be more inline with your needs.

https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/forums/depression-forum.366/
https://mysupportforums.org/depression/
https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/depression

Seriously, everyone here has expressed concern, but there's not much we can actually do.

Please take care and consider this.

@newnitro2020

I can say that we are all concerned for you, but the reality is this is not the right place to look for help. If your just ranting that's OK, but it sounds like you are looking for something. There are some other forums that are about depression and other issues that may be more inline with your needs.

https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/forums/depression-forum.366/
https://mysupportforums.org/depression/
https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/depression

Seriously, everyone here has expressed concern, but there's not much we can actually do.

Please take care and consider this.
Thank you for your response I'll look into these things. I never use this form for sharing my problems. It was supposed to open Avenue for people who are not ashamed to express what they feel it's far as certain days they have.

And for an example I put myself on the spot as far as how I feel some days.

And there are marked under the chaos topic.

Which has nothing to do with the rC stuff. So I try to be mindful of where I put these at with the categories.

But I'll definitely look into this.

I just been trying to study stuff and figure out stuff for over 15 years of my life or 20 years I should say.

The world I live IN is completely different however I try never to introduce my Venom to no one on here.
The thing I look for is for someone to express what they feel. Sometimes it's just good to just Express stuff. And sometimes it's not good. That's mainly what I was doing was ranting basically. Thank you for your input.

Back