Little Losi help?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Learningnitro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. Ok so I'm a nitro guy but was recently showing off pics of savages and was offered a box of "RC parts" for cheap. Looked at it and could see it was electric but went ahead and got it for 20$. Well it's a Losi xxx tough country. All there and some extra wheels and tires got it all together ordered new spur gear as old one was just a plastic coin haha. Having issues with it driving. It runs good and strong most of the time but every 6th throttle squeeze or so it lags and drives but slow and will do so for a bit or until turned off and back on. Any ideas on what is causing it to do so? Had my wires re done for battery pack connector on both switched to deans from ec3 I think they are called, the blue connectors. Anyway thought it was causing issue got it back today with new connectors on batteries and car and still same issue. I do know it has a dynamite tazer I believe esc it's silver with red and green lights and spectrum controller if that is helpful info. Any help or ideas will help me greatly thank you in advance!!

IMG_20220814_135442.jpg

IMG_20220915_153808.jpg

IMG_20220814_135447.jpg

IMG_20220814_135544.jpg

Hello all. Ok so I'm a nitro guy but was recently showing off pics of savages and was offered a box of "RC parts" for cheap. Looked at it and could see it was electric but went ahead and got it for 20$. Well it's a Losi xxx tough country. All there and some extra wheels and tires got it all together ordered new spur gear as old one was just a plastic coin haha. Having issues with it driving. It runs good and strong most of the time but every 6th throttle squeeze or so it lags and drives but slow and will do so for a bit or until turned off and back on. Any ideas on what is causing it to do so? Had my wires re done for battery pack connector on both switched to deans from ec3 I think they are called, the blue connectors. Anyway thought it was causing issue got it back today with new connectors on batteries and car and still same issue. I do know it has a dynamite tazer I believe esc it's silver with red and green lights and spectrum controller if that is helpful info. Any help or ideas will help me greatly thank you in advance!!

View attachment 153753

View attachment 153754

View attachment 153755

View attachment 153756
Nice truck. You may want to watch this video:
The manual has a couple misprints on how to set up the ESC, and yours could be set up wrong. In the video, he shows exactly how to set it properly. What yours is doing could also be an indication of a failing ESC.

If it get too frustrating for you then you can just sell it to me :hehe:

Is the battery you're using a battery that came in the box of parts? Is it a lipo?

$20? Nice buy. Little TLC and she'll be good as new. 'AC'
Yeah 20 bucks! Couldn't pass it up even when I didn't know what I was looking at I seen a 1/10 body and spectrum transmitter receiver and three sets of three rims and tires haha. Knew it was worth more then twenty and the tires on the rear were brand new in package trenchers! Been fun already need new rear shocks and body mounts but been all over with it already as she sits in the pics
If it get too frustrating for you then you can just sell it to me :hehe:

Is the battery you're using a battery that came in the box of parts? Is it a lipo?
Haha I bet! No I got two lipos 2s offline they were cheap as didn't know if it was gonna work at all. they say 80c 5200 mAh last about 15 minutes if just cruising but ten if gettin it 🤷‍♂️

Yeah 20 bucks! Couldn't pass it up even when I didn't know what I was looking at I seen a 1/10 body and spectrum transmitter receiver and three sets of three rims and tires haha. Knew it was worth more then twenty and the tires on the rear were brand new in package trenchers! Been fun already need new rear shocks and body mounts but been all over with it already as she sits in the pics

Haha I bet! No I got two lipos 2s offline they were cheap as didn't know if it was gonna work at all. they say 80c 5200 mAh last about 15 minutes if just cruising but ten if gettin it 🤷‍♂️
Depending on how power hungry the motor is, it can make run time vary a fair amount. Same with driving style obviously. Other things can affect it too like the quality of the LiPo and the IR of the cells inside. 10-15 minutes is a completely plausible run time.

I think today I'm going to completely reset and reprogram the esc first tho once it's rest re sync transmitter end point and drive it on the base settings they aren't to bad and see how it responds once I've done that. So far tho had 4 packs thru it and no other issues it's still a good time and for it's size it moves for sure I can see why it's a good drag base.

Back