Little help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magiccard5961

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Trying to get these running had them both running and now they don't want to start and what would make a servo jus stop working

Attachments

• 15752258282198994110560107423814.jpg
    15752258282198994110560107423814.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 95
Trying to get these running had them both running and now they don't want to start and what would make a servo jus stop working

Pull the glo-plugs an stick them in your igniter to see if they glow ,if not ,either your plugs are bad ,or the igniter is not
charging or it has a bad connection ,those igniters sometimes get a bad connection with the battery an spring or the meter ,
if that one has the meter ,it will move if it is getting a connection to the plug ,the charger should also have a little red light
indicator on it ,an when the igniter is plugged into it ,the light should come on!!...:cool:

Pull the glo-plugs an stick them in your igniter to see if they glow ,if not ,either your plugs are bad ,or the igniter is not
charging or it has a bad connection ,those igniters sometimes get a bad connection with the battery an spring or the meter ,
if that one has the meter ,it will move if it is getting a connection to the plug ,the charger should also have a little red light
indicator on it ,an when the igniter is plugged into it ,the light should come on!!...:cool:
I mean the glow plugs r not new new but it glows red but cars will still not start is the ones that run off c baterrys suck or somethn idk I had it started last night now it wobt start

I mean the glow plugs r not new new but it glows red but cars will still not start is the ones that run off c baterrys suck or somethn idk I had it started last night now it wobt start

Ok ,so we got past the glo-plug stuff!

So if that stuff is good ,then we move on to the next faze!....:D

So now the fuel system ,make sure that you clean out the fuel tank ,any old fuel or residue needs to be cleaned out
of the tank ,I use hot soapy water an several good hard shakes along with rinsing a few times to get the soap out ,
then I open the lid ,an cram a paper towel in an shake it around to absorb moister ,then put a little fresh fuel in there ,
give it a few shakes ,then dump it out ,it is now cleaned!

Put fuel tank back in an install the fuel lines ,one to the carb an one to the muffler ,make sure the one is attached to
the muffler!

Put fuel in tank ,hold your finger over the exhaust to plug it off ,at the same time ,try starting the engine ,the fuel
should start to flow through the fuel lines ,if it doesn't ,then you have a plugged up carb. ,but first see if you can get
the engine to draw the fuel up to the carb. on its own!

Ok ,so we got past the glo-plug stuff!

So if that stuff is good ,then we move on to the next faze!....:D

So now the fuel system ,make sure that you clean out the fuel tank ,any old fuel or residue needs to be cleaned out
of the tank ,I use hot soapy water an several good hard shakes along with rinsing a few times to get the soap out ,
then I open the lid ,an cram a paper towel in an shake it around to absorb moister ,then put a little fresh fuel in there ,
give it a few shakes ,then dump it out ,it is now cleaned!

Put fuel tank back in an install the fuel lines ,one to the carb an one to the muffler ,make sure the one is attached to
the muffler!

Put fuel in tank ,hold your finger over the exhaust to plug it off ,at the same time ,try starting the engine ,the fuel
should start to flow through the fuel lines ,if it doesn't ,then you have a plugged up carb. ,but first see if you can get
the engine to draw the fuel up to the carb. on its own!
When I hold my.finger over the exhaust to long then it wont turn over lol like to much pressure I have that roto start thing with that little magic wand

When I hold my.finger over the exhaust to long then it wont turn over lol like to much pressure I have that roto start thing with that little magic wand
Only thing I can think of is maybe I need a nice new plug and maybe one of those recharagble ignitors I'm using a standard c baterry one maybe its draining to much in one start off cheap baterries

We need to establish if there is fuel being drawn to the carb, ,if yes ,an that is causing the engine to lock ,then it
also could be flooding ,thats why it is important that you see the fuel going through the line ,also see fuel going
in carb.!

Quick trick to see if it's a fuel or carb issue. Remove the air filter and put a little bit of fuel into the top of the carb and crank it over immediately. If it starts and sputters for a few seconds you'll know it's not a glow plug issue but probably a clogged carb or fuel filter. Sometimes that also helps to get the fuel flowing again, but it will probably shut down in a few seconds.

I'll try that I'm heqded
Quick trick to see if it's a fuel or carb issue. Remove the air filter and put a little bit of fuel into the top of the carb and crank it over immediately. If it starts and sputters for a few seconds you'll know it's not a glow plug issue but probably a clogged carb or fuel filter. Sometimes that also helps to get the fuel flowing again, but it will probably shut down in a few seconds.
I'll try that I'm headed home so take off air filter put gas in carb then if it cranks

The fuel evaporates quickly, so don't waste time putting the filter back. Just drop some fuel in there and fire it up. You won't have any throttle control either, since it's not going through the carb but it will only run for a few seconds, enough to see if it fires.