little body learnage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm thinking getting a new body (among other things, tuned pipe, metal spur gear, 2 speed tranny, better frame.... list goes on)

Can anyone point me to a resouce that will tell me what's what when it comes to buying a body?

examples:

How do I know what will fit my ST? What's 200mm mean? How do I paint it? Can I buy decals like flames and stuff if so where?

-rob

Rob 200mm is the body size. Most Nitro touring cars use 200mm bodies, most electric touring cars use 190mm bodies. Tmaxx bodies are also 200mm I beleive. HPI micros use 140 and 150mm bodies. I have no idea who sells bodies for a Duratrax, you can try tower. The bodies are painted on the inside, painting from dark to light. You can use rattle cans or an airbrush, but just make sure you buy paint for lexan. I prefer pactra paint personally. There are several companies that make decals and masks, XXX Main has a good selection so does Parma

What size are the stadium trucks like the xxx-nt and rc10gt

proline bodies rock! got one recently for my rc10gt - cannot believe how thick the lexan is. wow!

Novice Rob - best thing to do is goto your LHS and bring your truck with you. just set the bodies they have over your chassis and make sure the shock towers line up......as for painting......if you are using rattle cans, then get two of each color....and use very, VERY thin coats. Comes out almost as good as an airbrush if you take your time.

bodies are painted on the inside? so the lexan makes the shinny look. never knew that

i have to get some nitro at my LHS anyway. maybe I'll take a look.

I thought the Losi XXXNT and the rc10gt where both 1/10 stadium trucks like mine. You'd thing the same scale would produce similar size bodies.

thanks guys.

-rob

rob-they are all stadium trucks - but the shock towers are in different locations so the bodies are not all interchangable, unless you do some cutting. Also make sure you pick up a offa circle cutter - best investment ever. HPI bodies come with VERY GOOD instructions on how to paint a body, so maybe see if one of their bodies wil fit.
make sure you paint the dark colors first, or they will bleed through the lighter ones. Also, always back neon colors with white, since they are semi-transparent.

The lexan is for overspray. When you pull it off after painting, you'll notice the overspray.

Be sure to determine where the body posts go before you paint. It will make it a lot easier that way.

If you use a metallic paint then get a silver or gold and spray it after you paint the desired colors. It will make the paint stand out more.

Also, go easy on the paint for the first few coats. So a light spray.

Actually Kwong, Lexan is what the body is made out of. Some manufacturers have a thin plastic coating over the lexan to protect against over spray. But not all of them have this protective coating, in which case you can use denatured alchohol to remove any overspray.

Back