Lipo Long Term Storage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchrodeMode

Hardcore RCTalk User
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It looks like I'll be gone for a while and I'm trying to figure out how long I can store my lipos. My charger doesn't have a "storage" charge so I'll be manually charging them to the 40%. What's the longest I can let them sit for before they'll probably be bad?

I have had a few stored for years now.
I recently charged them up and used them without issue.
Did it decrease the amount of cycles they will achieve?
can't answer.

It's really hard to tell, i've had packs stored for months in a cool place and not at risk of any physical damage such as ambient temps.
In an ideal world and price of lipos it would be a lot safer just selling them, then when you return buy new packs.
Like everything they have a shelf life and there's only one way to go for performance and that's down.
If the packs aren't there, it has no risk of going into flames causing damage or risking lives.

It's really hard to tell, i've had packs stored for months in a cool place and not at risk of any physical damage such as ambient temps.
In an ideal world and price of lipos it would be a lot safer just selling them, then when you return buy new packs.
Like everything they have a shelf life and there's only one way to go for performance and that's down.
If the packs aren't there, it has no risk of going into flames causing damage or risking lives.

Yeah, I may just give them to a couple buddies here...if they're still good when I get back, good, if not, oh well. I do keep them in a Lipo bag, inside of a metal ammo can on a shelf. My family will be here so they won't be "unattended" for the full time.

Back