LiPo discharge

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
My battery charger will charge LiPo but it doesn’t have a discharging option - I am going to get one - but for tonight, is there away to discharge the battery down to the 3.2 other than just running it WOT?

My battery charger will charge LiPo but it doesn’t have a discharging option - I am going to get one - but for tonight, is there away to discharge the battery down to the 3.2 other than just running it WOT?
Storage voltage for a LiPo is 3.8v, disposal voltage is 0-0.1v.

got access to a brake light bulb that isnt a led?. like a 1157 then measure its voltage...1 bulb both elements is like 5 amps.

It's fine to leave them charged over nite. It won't hurt them in anyway

Ok - it is at like 3.9 on the screen - not sure about the volts though. It'll be more than overnight, this is strictly an indoor car and the next time there is a race is a couple weeks.

I store mine at 3.8v. Your charger doesn't have a storage charge mode?

Most LiPo chargers have a storage mode, check the manual to your charger.

this is a easy build..
single cell plug.jpg

Ok - it is at like 3.9 on the screen - not sure about the volts though. It'll be more than overnight, this is strictly an indoor car and the next time there is a race is a couple weeks.
What charger do you have again?

dint see it..lol
Because of past conversations I am pretty sure his charger has a balance option. If so, that will discharge a battery down to a storage level. That is what I am trying to get at.

I store mine at 3.8v. Your charger doesn't have a storage charge mode?
No, but I am buying one from a dude who just upgraded to a really fancy-smancy super charging station.
this one - cheapie

Attachments

• RC Chargera.jpg
    RC Chargera.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 28
  • RC chargerb.jpg
    RC chargerb.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 32
No, but I am buying one from a dude who just upgraded to a really fancy-smancy super charging station.
this one - cheapie
Yea you can build a light bulb discharger. Like above. They work good. I got a venom charger as well.. But I have the Venom quad charger/ discharge. And also picked up a hitec X2 charger for the IR rating of the lipos...

Back