LIPO BATTERY USAGE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WWREYN4

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
With Lipo batteries, is it necessary to stop usage before the battery quits? Or can you just drive until the battery dies? If you have to track the usage, what is the best way so you know when to stop?

+1

Very important to set the LVC to a reasonable setting around 3.4v - 3.6v per cell. You never want any cell to go below 3.0v which is when damage starts to occur.

If your ESC doesn't offer LVC protection then I would recommend an LVA that plugs into the balance port of the battery as an alternative:
https://www.amazon.com/LiPo-Battery-Checker-Monitor-Indicator/dp/B07BQWSXC4/

If you choose not to use LVC or LVA then you want to stop using the battery immediately when you detect the loss of punch while driving wide open throttle (WOT)

Hello,
I’m pretty new to this hobby and I recently purchased the e revo vxl 1:16.
I’ve been running it with two 3s 1400mah lipos in parallel. Will run great about 10-15 min, which I believe is about what to expect, correct?
(would be nice to be able to get some longer run times if possible)

But the reason for this post is that after my first set of batteries lose power, I put in two new and fully charged batteries but they only last about 2 min then the truck won’t move.
would this be from the vehicle being too hot? Do I need to let it cool down after running the first set of batteries?

It’s fun to drive but it’s a bummer that I can only use it for 10-15 min at a time.

Back