Linux

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupooterluvr

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I decided to move all Windows related stuff to another drive and use this one for Linux. Any one have an opinion on which version of Linux I should use?

Ubuntu seems to be pretty hot right now ;-)

That's the one I was probably going to use, just wanted some opinions and some other possibilities since I thought there were several versions Linux out there.

There are TONS of versions of Linux out there. If you just want to mess around with it, download a LiveCD of your favorite flavor or grab Knoppix and see if you like it before making the full swap over. Linux can be pretty daunting, but it's fun as hell when you get it all up and running properly. It's been like a year since I last messed with it.

I'm installing it as an 'internet pc' type thing. I'm tired of waiting 5 minutes just to open Firefox so I can get on RCNT... lol

If you have never used Linux and/or are uncomfortable with command-lines, Ubuntu is probably a good choice to start out with.

5 min? What the heck hardware do you have in the machine? lol My Firefox opens in @ 3 seconds :p

My comp is a piece of shiat lol.

I am currently using ubuntu, I would like it more if I could get my wireless to work on a regular basis. ( problem with broadcom, sounds like a compaq thing from what I've found ) Everything I've done so far is like using windows, however, I still can't figure out how to load that stinking game.

Ubuntu is by far the most user friendly least daunting version.. good for all around computing.

Back