Limitless conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I have a limitless, I am not trying to go a hundred miles an hour! I just want to be able to run it and go 70 ish. So my question is can i put in a 50 th diff in the car and run a 20 th pion? The same exact setup that would come in a Typhon.
Also if I where to run that setup would it cause my esc to catch on firer?

If you don't have an infrared thermo gun then you should definitely get one. You want to watch your temps if you are going for speed.
I would only increase the pinion gear size a little bit at a time and keep a close eye on your temps.
It's always a good idea to purchase a set of pinions that have 3 or 4 in the package.
I wouldn't just jump up and run it down the road, it needs to be monitored with the thermo gun very closely.
Bigger pinion, smaller spur will increase the speed.
I hope this make sense, I'm pretty tired tonight.

If you don't have an infrared thermo gun then you should definitely get one. You want to watch your temps if you are going for speed.
I would only increase the pinion gear size a little bit at a time and keep a close eye on your temps.
It's always a good idea to purchase a set of pinions that have 3 or 4 in the package.
I wouldn't just jump up and run it down the road, it needs to be monitored with the thermo gun very closely.
I hope this make sense, I'm pretty tired tonight.
I am not going for speed just wanted to know if I could use a 50 tooth diff the same thats in a typhon 6s blx

My apologies. Not sure on the Limitless. The Arrma forum has some great info on all the Arrma rigs.

I mean it does like 80MPH out of the box so you shouldnt need to change it but whatever you end up doing definitely invest in an IR temp gun and dont let the motor get over 170F or the ESc over 160F.

Also its a 50T Spur gear. a Diff is a whole different animal altogether just in case you werent aware.

I mean it does like 80MPH out of the box so you shouldnt need to change it but whatever you end up doing definitely invest in an IR temp gun and dont let the motor get over 170F or the ESc over 160F.

Also its a 50T Spur gear. a Diff is a whole different animal altogether just in case you werent aware.
I ended up burning up a Esc running it stock out of the box. So i thought if i used that 50 diff I could run it all day long and not have to worry about temp! I am also going to use the 20 tooth as if it where in the Typhon!

I ended up burning up a Esc running it stock out of the box. So i thought if i used that 50 diff I could run it all day long and not have to worry about temp! I am also going to use the 20 tooth as if it where in the Typhon!
Thats why you need a temp gun, you should always be worried about temps at least checking it at the end of each pack. Even gearing it down it will still get hot especially after multiple packs. even ambient temperature outside in the summer can cause it to overheat when it normally would not. Just my .02

If you were running on stock gearing and burned it up you should be able to get it replaced under warranty.

Also its not called a diff, its called a "spur gear". The diff is the gearbox that sits in between the wheels that the CVDs or dog bones connect to. Just so you're aware.

Thats why you need a temp gun, you should always be worried about temps at least checking it at the end of each pack. Even gearing it down it will still get hot especially after multiple packs. even ambient temperature outside in the summer can cause it to overheat when it normally would not. Just my .02

If you were running on stock gearing and burned it up you should be able to get it replaced under warranty.

Also its not called a diff, its called a "spur gear". The diff is the gearbox that sits in between the wheels that the CVDs or dog bones connect to. Just so you're aware.
Ok thank u

You'll be fine with 20/50 and yes center diff fits fine. As mentioned above keep an eye on temps and you should be good. With 20/50 gearing on 6s your looking at about 60mph with a stock size 2050kv motor👍🏼

Wha
You'll be fine with 20/50 and yes center diff fits fine. As mentioned above keep an eye on temps and you should be good. With 20/50 gearing on 6s your looking at about 60mph with a stock size 2050kv motor👍🏼
What should the temps be at?

Wha

What should the temps be at?
Most manufacturers suggest not to let motor temps to exceed 165-170F depending on the manufacturer. I try not to ever let mine get much above 170 and if it hits 180F I will stop running it and adjust gearing. If you want play it a little more safe then stop running and regear after if it hits 170F. I agree with Edough, the ESC should be a little cooler than the motor. I dont like my ESC temps to go over 160F.

Last edited:
Back