Lighting help please. Light noob

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theekorr

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Awaiting my trx defender. I definitely want lights but not too crazy. Dont care about turn signals and reverse lights etc. what i would like is a basic setup with headlights tail lights and roof light-bar all on a separate battery contained in the body. I can take or leave the rock lights. I would like the to be bright enough to be seen in daylight but they dont need to be insane. Have searched a lot on ebay and amazon and seen plenty. Mostly traxxas branded kits that seem overpriced and have a controller module that plugs into esc and rx. I dont want all this. Any recommendations? Thanks

I like the simple lights too. I have headlights on two of my rigs that came that way. I added tail lights to my Sendero Hd, and a light bar to my Trail Runner. I plug all of mine into the esc. I didn't want to fuss with an extra battery if I didn't have to.
Something like this would be all you need. You could add a light bar later and run it off a y harness.
Click here>>>>Lights

I like the simple lights too. I have headlights on two of my rigs that came that way. I added tail lights to my Sendero Hd, and a light bar to my Trail Runner. I plug all of mine into the esc. I didn't want to fuss with an extra battery if I didn't have to.
Something like this would be all you need. You could add a light bar later and run it off a y harness.
Click here>>>>Lights
Appreciate the input

FD1720FF-55ED-4B07-A0F2-41F4E5FE483C.png

For future reference or anyone else searching that may come across this thread looking to do something similar I think I found the solution I would like. This light control paired with a small battery should be perfect in conjunction with some lights similar to what Doom suggested. This will keep everything light related within the body shell and I should not have to fiddle with wires when putting on or taking off the body. As this is my first time messing with RC lighting this could possibly be stupid but I guess I will learn with experience. 😂

Back