Lessen's RC18O

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're in for a time consuming project with all those detailed graphics, but the end result should be awesome.
With an autograph on it, it will certainly be the ULTIMATE shelf queen.

Ralph, this is hands down the most difficult thing I've done within this hobby in the 4 years I've been into it. I'm starting to get an idea of what parts are gonna look good and what parts are gonna look not so good. I've done quite a bit this week. Everything on top is cut. the grill, lights, hood logo, roof number, deck logo and quarter logos are all cut. The one that I thought would be the hardest is going to be the one that looks the best I think. I've realized that things like script (Crown Royal logo) will look good because the flaws are not so obvious. The one thing that I think will stand out as being the least impressive will be the VISE-GRIP logos. Because the letters are small and block it is much easier to see imperfections as far as letter thickness and alignment. Plus, the fact that it's sort of in a corner is making it very difficult to cut. I have to admit though that I feel like I'm getting better with the Xacto, especially the very small arcs and curves.

I just installed the new wheels and tires and WOW! What a difference. This thing looks RIGHT! I may just keep 'em chrome. I know it's not very traditional but I think they'll look good with all the blue. We'll see.

up there^^ :D

It doesn't look any different yet unfortunately, but I'm getting there. Still got quite a bit of cutting.. then there's the paint process. If I bust my butt I may be able to have all the cutting done by the end of the weekend. Then it's paint mixing time. The only good thing I have for judgement is a 1:64 die-cast I found at Wal-Mart a while back. I might throw a tad bit of metallic in the blue though just to livin' it up a bit.

Dang Josh, with the design you have put on that lid, I would go crazy masking and attempting to paint it. I am too shaky with painting. I am still sprung on the two to3 tone schemes.

Hope to see this thing in action soon!!!Sweet looking rig!

Just remember, Josh, you can clean up rough edges and flaws after each color by carefully scraping any 'creep' off with an X-acto blade. Slice the line, and scrape off the flaw. The next color makes it all dissappear. To me, that's the biggest advantage to painting on the inside.

I was just browsing through the earlier stages of this build...

Are you going to finish painting the body on this bad boy? Let's see some updated pics. :)
1-07-2007

:nono: How sad. That was 1 year ago. Still NOT finished. I'm pathetic. :shrug:

getting real close to paint time. The only things that still need to be cut are both saws and the 26 and tear on one side.

Were waiting.......
Looking really good.

Hey! I cleaned up a couple empty bottles aight! I'm working on it! Besides, I need to show up your Savage bod so I'm contemplating more work :loser:

Hey Josh,

Pretty sure that you will get that thing run in before Rolex's savage queen.

Back