Lessen's RC18O

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little color test

20080202_0529.jpg

I've done two color tests this afternoon. That was the first. It was only a very small mix. I used that as a basis for the major mixing, which is now finished. I just wrote up the paint procedure. I know if I don't I'll forget a step (like shadowing). I should be painting tonight. Should be finished tomorrow with 2 weeks to spare. :)

Slackin' again!

Never got to painting last night, but I'm working on it now. I think step-by-steps are fun so here's the first..

20080203_0530.jpg

Like my 'note to self' ?

*EDIT*

OK, so I should've written Do Not SWAP Steps too. I started to pull mask for the blue when I realized I was actually pulling mask for the yellow. Doh! These things never go smoothly for me. Oh well. I guess I just have to make sure I back it really well.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Pulled off the wrong mask

20080203_0531.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I dont' see you admitting your painting mistakes.... hmm??? :stick:

Did you're last body go off without a hitch? Mine NEVER do. I ALWAYS forget something or do something I didn't intend to. Sometimes the improv saves the body.

Oh damn. Photobucket is down for maintanence. I just shot the yellow and was going to post but I gotta head off to work. I'll get it posted later tonight.

OPINION WANTED: Would I be better off backing the yellow with white or silver?

Well? Show us some progress.

Not too much longer. I just finished pulling off the blue mask.. that was about a 3 hour project right there.... sheesh! I need to go to bed. A little bit of shadowing and I can spray the blue. Then it's just the undersides of the tears, the saws and CR logos.. Oh, and the side sections of the wing. Originally I just assumed I'd paint them blue like the body but I realized the other day that if they are painted solid they will drastically cover up the MARATHON logo from view. So I was thinking of leaving them clear except for a gray (primer-like) border with silver rivets to give the effect of sheets of plexiglass bolted to metal framework. But I need to go to bed, holy cow, it's almost 2.

*EDIT*

A couple pics...

20080207_0533.jpg

20080207_0534.jpg

Last edited:
Back