Lessen's RC18O

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats good! shootoutsd tonight. just a WEEK and DAY!

I think that band performance was freakin' horrible. ack! Sounded like American Idol rejects

it was pretty bad..why doesn't elliot just give up?

so much for mcmurray's shootout

yeah, that sucked. He simply didn't know Denny was there. I think they were saying that at that point of the racetrack the spotters are looking almost directly at them it's really hard to tell. Man, Denny had one hell of a run on him though.. Denny was pullin up behind people fast as hell multiple times throughout the race. That car was catching one heck of a draft. But anyways, wrong thread for this stuff.

Ok, back on topic.

Since this will be a shelf queen body should I go with servo tape to mount the spoiler pieces or should I screw them on? I have black screws but they would be screwed into blue sections. I'm liking the idea of servo tape better though.

servo tape sounds better since it wont be going through much..ats all about the looks on a shelf queen

what about drops of shoe glue? i'm pretty sure it dries clear and all u need is a few drops

The only thing I don't like about the servo tape is that it will cause the panels to mount off the body. Figure the tape is 1mm thick or so, might make the side panels look goofy. I have some double sided Scotch tape as well (the stuff for photo albums), I'm not sure how well that would work, but if it holds ok it's would look the best I think. We'll see.

I just finished up the side panels, they look pretty good I think. All that's left are the circular saws and the final backing. Then it's just the finishing up stuff. I may be up late tonight.

That's what I was about to suggest, the flat double sided tape. There's no need to use the foam here. Just clean the area with DA and it will stick and stay.

I'll definately try that. Getting back to it now. A little shadow, a little chrome tip, some gray and silver... oh and some yellow from a small spot I missed the other day, oops. it'll be done just in time for the road trip :D

hey Ralph, does this part drive you nuts as much as it does me. I'm spending more time cleaning my airbrush than I am painting.

1 minute= mix paint
10 seconds= paint
10 minutes= clean

:nono:

I've been doing that today. Mask, spray for 30 seconds, spend another 5 minutes cleaning and prepping.
Quick spray, clean some more. If I had 5 disposable airbrushes, I would be done. I'm not even half way there yet.

Oh please, your doing great. Hell, this body is like a year in the making. Quite a few off months but still.

Actually, it's 99% done right now. Painting is 100% complete. I started to peel away the windshield but that was a pain. I've noticed that the plasti-dip spray softens slightly when it has wet paint on it so it looses some of its elasticity. I think I'm just gonna let it sit overnight and throughout tomorrow. Once the paint has dried completely the mask will be really strong again and much easier to pull away. Basically, I just need to pull away the remaining windows, the headlight and grill areas (left them clear), apply headlight & grill decals, and mount the spoiler. Will definately be done tomorrow night for sure.

Back