Latest PB with my Limitless at 144mph!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
So had issues for a 4 month stretch with my Limitless and recently figured out and got the issue fixed thank god! After pulling my last PB of 138mph I had desync issues on any 8s pass I made above 125-130mph. Thought the issue had to be either the motor or esc so switched out both and still had the issue. After changing almost everything on the rig and still having the issue I was about done and ready to give up. I'd spent a lot of time and money on new xlx2, 1717 motor, bearings you name it with no avail. Then after going back through my detailed notes and build thread on the Arrma Forum I realized the issue started after I went to the stock length titanium Scorched center driveshafts I just never considered that to be the cause. So changed them out for a new Pinocchio spool setup with shorter and thinner center driveshafts and like magic the issue went away🙏🏼 frustrating to say the least as could have saved a lot of time and money if I'd have just considered it and changed them months ago but again was never a thought. Anyways first pass testing the new spool pulled 122mph on 6s for a 2mph gain over the Scorched shafts at 120 and car ran smooth. So went for it and made an 8s pass to see if the issue came up and it did not, again car ran smooth and pulled a new PB of 144mph for a 7mph gain over the Scorched shafts at 137mph and did not have the desync. So here's the pass and now that I'm back on track and cars running great should start pushing into the 150's soon🤘🏼

Gratz bro! I sunk a small fortune in to chasing speed runs. I think I got it outta my system for the most part now lol. Still love to watch em though. :)

Gratz bro! I sunk a small fortune in to chasing speed runs. I think I got it outta my system for the most part now lol. Still love to watch em though. :)
Thanks man! Ya I've definitely got quite a bit invested for sure. Was a fiasco though the last 4 months and very off-putting so very glad I finally got my rig squared away and back climbing again! Only good thing about it and replacing the system and parts trying to figure out the issue is now my Typhon is back to a speed rig again also just set up for 4s and 6s lol.

Thanks man! Ya I've definitely got quite a bit invested for sure. Was a fiasco though the last 4 months and very off-putting so very glad I finally got my rig squared away and back climbing again! Only good thing about it and replacing the system and parts trying to figure out the issue is now my Typhon is back to a speed rig again also just set up for 4s and 6s lol.
I know what you mean. My rig had stability issues starting at around 100-105MPH and I never did get it figured out. I ended up giving up on it cuz everytime I wrecked it, it cost me between $60-$200 to repair it. Granted this is a high speed Rustler and a decade ago back right before the XO-1 came out. Now these Arrma kits are clocking some serious speeds that the Rustys could never hope to do. Back then though they were it :)

Great post and congratulations! I'm still debating if I'm going to throw a bunch of time and money at go-fast car.

Reading these threads and watching the videos, it seems the smallest things can make a big difference. But you need to find the smallest part that makes a difference. If the drive shaft could be twisting/flexing and giving up some much needed torque.

Great post and congratulations! I'm still debating if I'm going to throw a bunch of time and money at go-fast car.

Reading these threads and watching the videos, it seems the smallest things can make a big difference. But you need to find the smallest part that makes a difference. If the drive shaft could be twisting/flexing and giving up some much needed torque.
Thanks! Was able to pull 145mph after this for my best overall. Definitely takes some time, money and patience for sure. Sometimes little things can definitely make a huge difference and improvement when you don't expect it.

Back