Kyosho viper modernized. Having esc problems?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcjmazz21

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So I’m having a problem with my modernized kyosho viper. The boat runs great on the water. My only problem is that after running it around for a while once I let off the throttle and just let it float in neutral I loose the throttle both reverse and foward. After letting it sit for a while it starts running again and goes back to normal until I go back to neutral then it will just float and repeat the process. My rudder servo still work and the light on the esc blinks when I use the throttle so I know the esc is receiving the throttle input. Could my motor be getting to hot and that’s why it takes a second for it to start working again. I noticed the motor is very hot to the touch probably couldn’t keep a finger on it for more than 2 seconds.

Attachments

• D5C55C30-4B99-480A-94C6-CC4F1FB11616.jpeg
    D5C55C30-4B99-480A-94C6-CC4F1FB11616.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 69
How would I go about doing a brushless setup? Would it be possible to run brushless without water cooling ?

How would I go about doing a brushless setup? Would it be possible to run brushless without water cooling ?
No it won't. Definitely need a cooling jacket. And the proper cooling lines. And pick up rudder. Or can add one to your. Rudder mount. I would just upgrade the esc and motor. Run cooling lines threw both
16567719434513741415344947890892.jpg