EazyRC Colorado ESC problem?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XashBE

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi folks.

Been active on ArrmA and Corally but now i've got an issue with my son's Colorado so i'm here as well ;)

We drove around for almost 2 packs and then throttle stopped suddenly. Thought the LiPo died so we just went home.
After charging them both the issue persisted.
Steering is responsive, throttle is only there for a few seconds then stops and ESC flashes.
Checked contacts, they seem fine. Recalibrated throttle, all good as well. Tried changing from beginner mode to normal and back, makes no difference.

Downloaded the Reely Gen4 manual which this basically is, but there's no trouble shooting in it for ESC.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Greetings from Belgium.

Not sure what the problem might be, but a few things I would check would be to make sure your throttle trim knob is at zero before turning on your transmitter. Also, make sure you are turning the radio on first. If your trim knob is not at zero, recalibrate the ESC again.

If that isn't the problem, try unplugging the servo and retesting. Sometimes a faulty servo can cause issues like this. If it works, replace the servo.

If none of that resolves your issue, the next thing I would do is remove the pinion from the motor. Check the drivetrain for any resistance by grabing either both front or both rear wheels and turning them. Also try rotating the spur. If you feel any excessive resistance, you may have a bearing or gear issue putting excessive strain on the ESC and motor.

If none of that resolves it, I would probably buy a new ESC and see if that resolves it.

Since you say you tried two batteries, I would kinda rule that out, but it would be wise to check the IR of your batteries.

Maybe someone else has some ideas I haven't thought of.

And welcome to RCT!

Last edited:
Not sure what the problem might be, but a few things I would check would be to make sure your throttle trim knob is at zero before turning on your transmitter. Also, make sure you are turning the radio on first. If your trim knob is not at zero, recalibrate the ESC again.

If that isn't the problem, try unplugging the servo and retesting. Sometimes a faulty servo can cause ussues like this. If it works, replace the servo.

If none of that resolves your issue, the next thing I would do is remove the pinion from the motor. Check the drivetrain for any resistance by grabing either both front or both rear wheels and turning them. Also try rotating the spur. If you feel any excessive resistance, you may have a bearing or gear issue putting excessive strain on the ESC and motor.

If none of that resolves it, I would probably buy a new ESC and see if that resolves it.

Since you say you tried two batteries, I would kinda rule that out, but it would be wise to check the IR of your batteries.

Maybe someone else has some ideas I haven't thought of.

And welcome to RCT!
Will disassemble it tomorrow morning and check all parts, also trying to remove servo for the test you mentioned.
And well, since it's not even a month old, if i fail i will just head over to my LHS and get it fixed/replaced.

Will disassemble it tomorrow morning and check all parts, also trying to remove servo for the test you mentioned.
And well, since it's not even a month old, if i fail i will just head over to my LHS and get it fixed/replaced.
You don't have to remove the servo. Just unplug it.

Yeah i know but it sits under the ESC so might as well clean and check if nothing is blocking anything

Welcome.

Wicked Fog did a really good job of listing the things to check. so I'll just say, good luck, hope it's something easy to fix.

Yeah so , checked everything and lubed as well just to be sure. Still won't work.
Filed a warranty at my LHS now, will see how that goes. 😕