Kyosho MINI-Z 4X4 4-Runner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Does anybody have any of the Kyosho Mini-Z 4x4's? I just saw a video comparing them to the SCX24 and I thought they were a lot smaller than they are. It turns out they are 1/27th scale. So I may have to grab one of the new 4-Runners when they come out. They look pretty cool, but pricey.

Screenshot_20210924-123647_Chrome.jpg

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/mini-z-4x4-4-runner-with-roof-rack-rtr-sand/KYO32524SY.html

I thought the same til I saw the vid. They have metal links, a regular ring and pinion diff, so they will not just lock up on hills (more realistic), and they actually look pretty durable.

They don't look as fragile as I thought. I too thought they were a little smaller than they are. The only thing other than price, is I wish there were some more variety in body styles. (that goes for all manufacturers)

They don't look as fragile as I thought. I too thought they were a little smaller than they are. The only thing other than price, is I wish there were some more variety in body styles. (that goes for all manufacturers)
Yeah, not sure where you would source a 1/27 scale body. At least with the SCX24 there are hundreds of scale model kits in 24th and 25th scale that would work.

As for the price, I am betting they are worth it. Kyosho has never really been overpriced on anything imo. Some of their stuff I think is actually being sold too cheap, but don't tell anyone I said that.

That's a great looking rig, and I agree, I would remove the spare.
I've always like the 1st gen 4Runner and when this Mini Z came out I wanted one. When the Method Style 10 wheels were available, I finally pulled the trigger. I also purchased the extra sand colored/striped body with accessories, snorkel/roof lights/roof basket. For that body, I had 3d printed steelies made by the same person who makes the Method wheels.

She is as realistic as it gets. I love it and thanks for sharing and welcome in.

@mini_crawlar - welcome! What an awesome looking crawler! I gotta get that. Do you have any links for where to buy hopups for them?

Thanks for sharing!

@mini_crawlar - welcome! What an awesome looking crawler! I gotta get that. Do you have any links for where to buy hopups for them?

Thanks for sharing!

https://www.instagram.com/wt_micro/?hl=en; RCMart; AliExpress . . . to name a couple for difficult to find cool stuff. Matt at wt_micro does beautiful 3d printing. He can work with you on anything custom for any rig.

He printed my wheels for my WPL c24 build . . .

toy7.jpg

Does anybody have any of the Kyosho Mini-Z 4x4's? I just saw a video comparing them to the SCX24 and I thought they were a lot smaller than they are. It turns out they are 1/27th scale. So I may have to grab one of the new 4-Runners when they come out. They look pretty cool, but pricey.

View attachment 133520
https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/mini-z-4x4-4-runner-with-roof-rack-rtr-sand/KYO32524SY.html
I have one. It’s amazing. So fun and realistic scale operation.

Oh wow, that looks really neat. I’ll have to take a closer look at these!

I have their version of the Suzuki Jimny. It's a very quality piece, but the Jimny is absolutely worthless as a crawler unless you do major mods to it. I don't really want to cut up the body so instead I'm going to sell or trade it to somebody for something else, like another SCX24. I do like that 4Runner though.. might have to get one.

Back