Kyosho Inferno MP5 Pre-Mount Tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

250rman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey Guys,

I am having some problems trying to find Pre-Mounted Wheels & Tires for my Kyosho Inferno MP5! My issue is, the MP5 used 19mm Hexes! The standard is now 17mm Hexes on most 1/8th Scale Buggies!
Does anyone know where I can purchase a set of 19mm Pre-Mounted Wheels for my Kyosho? The original stock number was #KYOC 6524 (BSW-80W) & KYOC 9788 (W-5649H). Or can the Kyosho MP5 19mm Hex Drives (Washers) be changed to 17mm Hex Drive (Washers)? If so, does anyone know exactly where to purchase them? If you could include the Item Number #, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again Guys!

I think you may very well be out of luck. I've found nothing. Sounds like OFNA made an adapter for 19 to 17mm part number 86000 but I've not found any for sale any where nor any other brands for that matter.

I've found that the Duratrax Axis once came with 19mm hex wheels but the wheels I found for sale for them, said version 2 and were for 17mm.

Thanks slowngreen, I appreciate the research! I have had no luck finding any 19mm wheels for my MP5! I did find a 17mm Adapter from a local Hobby store here in Phoenix (Quicks RC) that had something close though! Its a Losi 17mm Adapter, it fits great over the Axle, but I have to Grind down the raised Lip which is on the Inside of the Adapter! It is stopping the Adapter to fit flush against he Hub! So in other words, its going to be a $23 experiment! Wish me luck!

Thanks again!

How big is the lip and what material is it? Dremels work good for this but for even better results a pencil grinder would be superp. You can use a dental bur to grind the lip down then a cratex mandrel and some gray or pink cratex (I'd go with pink as it removes less material) to shine the grind marks up. I've never used a dremel so I don't know how good they work and I have several pencil grinders for work and now they work great. A decent pencil grinder can be had for the price of a dremel as well but the pencil grinder needs an air compressor.

How big is the lip and what material is it? Dremels work good for this but for even better results a pencil grinder would be superp. You can use a dental bur to grind the lip down then a cratex mandrel and some gray or pink cratex (I'd go with pink as it removes less material) to shine the grind marks up. I've never used a dremel so I don't know how good they work and I have several pencil grinders for work and now they work great. A decent pencil grinder can be had for the price of a dremel as well but the pencil grinder needs an air compressor.

Wow...I never heard of a Pencil Grinder! I will look that up, you have me curious now! I do have a Dremel though, and thats what I plan on carefully shaving off that little Lip with! The Lip is no higher than 1mm-2mm, and no more than 1mm-2mm wide! The Dremel will work, I will just have to be very careful & take my time!

Back