Kyosho Inferno and TRX 3.3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javey

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just bought a TRX 3.3 at the hobby shop that the guy told me would work on my Kyosho Inferno ST-R but I have two problems...first is that it won't bolt up, which engine mount would work for the inferno? Also, the clutch bell won't go on since the crankshaft is shorter than other motors that I have, I've heard there is a shim kit I can use but how can I get the bell on there and working? Any help is appreciated.

Well, he didn't tell me about all the fine details apparently ;)

Bet he told you the price though. If like my lhs all they see is $ signs

It can be "Made" to work but in short he screwed you by selling you an engine that will not work. First that is a RTR engine for a Traxxas 1/10 scale vehicle. Not what you would want to put in there since you have an 1/8 model. It would be a huge step down from nearly any .21 engine that it should have. I would take it back to them since they obviously don't know enough to even sell you the correct size of engine.

Well I'm going to take it back and tell them I don't want anything else. And maybe do ebay or look elsewhere. What would be a good motor on a budget for the inferno?

is that the 1/8 buggy if so it has a GX-21BK/.21GXR stock so i would look for another good .21/ engine if its the 1/10 it has a .18 GXR

i have found the stock .18GXR in my DBX pretty good & has lots of power

the ansmann .21 nitro engine is essentially the same mill as the HPI force / ofna force .21 engine so spares can be found every were for it & it can be found for a pretty good price new its not a speed demon but can stand up to most bashing abuse

you could get a hyper 7 or a pico mill take a look on ebay

Well problem solved :). They took it back and I ordered a Dynamite Mach 2 .21. That should fit better! Thanks for the advice guys.

Back