Kronos xtr first 6s run, complete failer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Did my first 6s run. Lasted about 5minutes. Thing is stupid fast, hard to control. Snapped the front drive shaft, and cooked the center diff. Seemed to have alot of cogging off the start. Truck would jump and bounce, go no wheres making a racket. Then it would finally get going. I just put over size tires on, so i will try gearing down i guess. I also lowered the timing to help with heat, might have to bump that up. Pretty dissapointing afternoon to say the least

IMG_20221217_163426637.jpg

IMG_20221217_164416971.jpg

IMG_20221129_122453126.jpg

Center diff is my fault for running with out the front drive shaft. I assume the front drive shaft broke due , to the goofy angles corally uses on there drive line. Causing the front diff cup to wear a groove in the shaft. Returning the tires due to them being to heavy, and the one rim shattered after looking them over better. Have better sized tires in the mail now

6S tends to tear up kits that werent specifically designed for it. Took a lot for me to get my Losi LST2 electric conversion to hold up to 6S and it still ocassionally breaks stuff. Sure is fun though :)

center drive is from not lowering pinion gear after adding the larger tires thats what killed front ds and mid unit

center drive is from not lowering pinion gear after adding the larger tires thats what killed front ds and mid unit
While that did contribute, the front diff cup was wearing a pretty deep groove on the shaft. I'm going to need to add a oring or somthing to help push the shaft back so its not at such an angle. Returning the tires and have somthing better sized in the mail now
https://www.corallyforum.com/threads/shaft-center-front.567/

Last edited:
6S tends to tear up kits that werent specifically designed for it. Took a lot for me to get my Losi LST2 electric conversion to hold up to 6S and it still ocassionally breaks stuff. Sure is fun though :)
The kronos isn't a 6s truck? Glad I didn't get one now lol.

Back