Kraton 6s exb —axle issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blusk

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Brian and new to this site.. have question. I own 2 kraton 6s, one is the blx rtr version. My newest one is the exb.
both models, will keep throwing the right front dog bone (axle) out of the diff cup.. and gets stuck between lower control arm and diff cup..
I bought the v5 6s rtr used.. thinking ok.. wear and tear, but the exb is only 3weeks old.. 4 times running it in back yard.. and boom. Now the same thing. Axle will pop out if taking hard turn in a corner.. has anyone else have this issue too.. if so what’s the fix. And yes, i tried taking the washers out. At end of control arm.. still same thing. Any help is greatly appreciated

check wheel camber.. adjust top of tire so it will be more than 90 degrees at top...do you know what that is?

Running in grass has caused us similar issues with our 3s Granite BLX. The grass gets in the knobby tires and doesn't allow any tire spin, causing a lot of torque being applied at the axle joints. When I checked our slipper it was completely tight. So I adjusted it and haven't had the problem since.

check wheel camber.. adjust top of tire so it will be more than 90 degrees at top...do you know what that is?
Not exactly.. fairly new to hoby. Mechanically incline tho..
Someone suggested. Shaving .5 to 1mm off end of control arm, to help bring axles into the cup more, but will effect camber of tires

Not exactly.. fairly new to hoby. Mechanically incline tho..
Someone suggested. Shaving .5 to 1mm off end of control arm, to help bring axles into the cup more, but will effect camber of tires
You adjust the camber by turning the turnbuckle that connects the top of the spindle to the chassis. Leaning the top of the tire towards the chassis improves grip in the corners and will also move the cup closer, leaving less room for your axles to pop out.

The only adjustment is the ball joint that threads into upper control arm, at the spindle. Tried taking the factory spacer out, and the issue still happens

The only adjustment is the ball joint that threads into upper control arm, at the spindle. Tried taking the factory spacer out, and the issue still happens
Pics?

image.jpg

I had this happen with a rear dogbone on my K8, I can't remember what I had to tighten up to make it fit in the diff cup better. I wanna say it was the rear turnbuckles but I can't for the life of me remember.

Need more pics. can't see the dog bone or the diff cup in that pic.

image.jpg

Really only seems to happen, when suspension is under full compression…
Crazy thing.. happens to both kraton’s, on same side too. Front right inner dog bone

Hmmm not sure about that one. My issue was different because my dogbone wasn't sitting half as far back in to the cup when sitting still as yours are. IDK how that dogbone could get enough play in it to pop out. Its sitting where it should in the diff cup.

Do both kits have HR steering knuckles?

View attachment 131896
Really only seems to happen, when suspension is under full compression…
Crazy thing.. happens to both kraton’s, on same side too. Front right inner dog bone
That dif cup looks like it is opened up. Are you sure there isnt a hairline crack in it? It may be very hard to see.

There looks to be a wear mark around the outside right where the universal pin is in the dogbone like maybe a rock got jammed between the arm and diff cup. We had this happen on our Kraton last week.

Are the dogbones bent at all? Even the slightest bend will cause a dogbone to bend even more with centrifugal force and a load on it while hitting bumps and landing jumps.

Hmmm not sure about that one. My issue was different because my dogbone wasn't sitting half as far back in to the cup when sitting still as yours are. IDK how that dogbone could get enough play in it to pop out. Its sitting where it should in the diff cup.

Do both kits have HR steering knuckles?
No i put them on.. sorry the pic is after I tried something a good friend suggested…
Took the upper control arm off.. and sanded aprox .5mm of the arm off.. put it back together and bashed it around for little bit… seems to be holding up alot better.. by doing that, it did change the camber of that wheel.. going to do it on the other side also, to keep them exactly the same.. don’t notice a difference in handling so far

No i put them on.. sorry the pic is after I tried something a good friend suggested…
Took the upper control arm off.. and sanded aprox .5mm of the arm off.. put it back together and bashed it around for little bit… seems to be holding up alot better.. by doing that, it did change the camber of that wheel.. going to do it on the other side also, to keep them exactly the same.. don’t notice a difference in handling so far
I did that on my RPM arms on my older 2018 outcast. They were fine at first, but after some time, the arms stretch (and I got more aggressive with my big jumps), then they started popping out. On it, there were shims and a washer under the pillow balls. I started by removing those, then ended up removing 1-2mm off the ends of both the upper/lower arms (and drilled the pivot ball hole a few mm deeper). Since then, I haven't had the issue except in extreme cases, which usually results in a busted axle carrier cracking around the pivot ball and popping off.

Pulled dog bones completely out , and straight. No bends.. I thought the same thing. The cup did get jammed under the arm at one point.. i also pulled the front differential out last night and went over everything.. everything looks good.. although the cup is pretty banged up right now.. after it popping out 4 times.. no signs of crackage..
truly only my 4 time really running it

I have a kraton 6s blx. Same issue with the right dogbone coming out. Other people too have the same issue. You need to put a good amount of tubing on the shock shaft so it doesn't compress all the way down. I put a small amount of tubing and had the same issue but i just put a larger one and I'm sure its going to work now. Other people say it works

I have a kraton 6s blx. Same issue with the right dogbone coming out. Other people too have the same issue. You need to put a good amount of tubing on the shock shaft so it doesn't compress all the way down. I put a small amount of tubing and had the same issue but i just put a larger one and I'm sure its going to work now. Other people say it works
Check the camber on the wheel with the dogbone coming out.

This is likely your solution. This or change your shock orientation. I had the same issue with my friends Kraton and that is what fixed it.

I've never had a dogbone come out on our Kraton 6s. It's just in the setup. No need for shock tubing.