Kits

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topgun542

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was wondering how hard it is to build the SCX10 kit? if anyone that has one and has built one is it worth it? or should i just go with the pre-built?

I was wondering how hard it is to build the SCX10 kit? if anyone that has one and has built one is it worth it? or should i just go with the pre-built?
The kit is a piece of cake to build.

even for someone thats never built one?

They are VERY easy to build, thats kinda why I'm against them as a scaler :hehe:

All axial kits are a piece of cake, they all have great instructions.

ok haha any suggestions on electronics?

I always run either a Sidewinder or Mamba esc in my scalers. 3s lipo. A 45 or maybe 35t brushed integy motor will work good and for way cheap.

Moved to Scale forum.

so I'm looking around like 350? total?

Thats a safe guess ya.

IMO you can't beat building a kit, you get the satisfaction of working on it and you will know every part on it and how it works....you won't need anyone to answer questions about how to do repairs.

I ran a 35t in mine for along time but now I'm running a taller gear and 17x1 motor and the fun factor has gone way up, still trails good but now I get nice rooster tail and donuts. As soon as the money is available I plan on putting a novak brushless system in it!

ya that was the main reason why i wanted to do a kit! casue i have a t-maxx classic and after 5 yaers it still runs awsome but i still have questions!:ponder2::hehe: