King Motors 1/5 Baja - Plastic vs. Aluminum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Bogger

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Both will be great. But, the 2nd one, weighs two pounds more with the added aluminum. Id bet it has some stuff that you would want in aluminum. Kinda makes it a shelf queen. Id go with the first for sure if it were me.

I like aluminum BUT...biggest problems I had when I ran a lot of aluminum suspension was on impact it really cause a lot of damage, like chassis, bulkheads etc. and weight is always an issue with aluminum.

"It's more than a hobby...it's an addiction!"

I didnt break any plastic on mine so yeah I would go the first one.

i have the nylon baja and have not had many problems with it other than the carbs are junk. you may want to order a walbro 990 carb when you order your baja. it will save you alot of headaches down the road.

The king motor you linked to has alot larger engine plus alot prettier items. Other than that, they are the same as the Rovans. I had a Rovan, which was called a HK, but it was a rovan.

The king motor you linked to has alot larger engine plus alot prettier items. Other than that, they are the same as the Rovans. I had a Rovan, which was called a HK, but it was a rovan.

Which engine is more reliable? The 30.5cc or the 26cc?

And the Rovan says it comes with a Walbro Carburetor. So I take it the King Motors don't come with a Walbro Carburetor?

Is the plastic on the king motors made of better quality than the plastic on the rovan? or are they both about the same?

They are basically all the same, rovan, hpi and king. The hpi's plastic has a shiny finish but thats the difference. If it doesn't have a Walbro, it has a .... I can't remember, mine didnt come with a Walbro either, was basically the same carb though.

I dont know for sure but I would think the 30.5 would be better. Less work for it to move that beast. Which should make it easier to stay tuned also.

i have the 30.5 i got from dan on ebay and it screams,,,,,,,,,,especially with the 2speed locker i installed.the carb that the km came with was awful on idle.took it apart and the diaphram gasket was the cheapest/thin i have ever seen.i'm going on three gallons and it still lifts the buggy up when pull starting if i don't hold down so i know the compression is still great.i will always run full synthetic oil and run alittle rich which helps the longevity.i'm only losing like 4mph,,,the km already comes with alot of aluminum which i added everything else for less than $100 on ebay which makes it look incredible but i know fer sure you guys are correct on the crash liability of aluminum.just am trying to be careful and of course i'm keeping the plastics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ouch!

Back