Killers 'Black n Blue' JK Rubi Brute Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A matter of minutes until its showtime! took long enough, has similar FX touches as my last release but non the less will hopefully be enjoyable to watch. I found a few pics from the GoPro I took during shooting.
Marsh2k1410_zps68eda13f.jpg

Marsh2k144_zps38dae5f7.jpg

Marsh2k146_zpsfe857287.jpg

Marsh2k1414_zpsa4a9c376.jpg

Raise the curtains, the new series has arrived!!! Turn it up and enjoy the video, the action and the scenery!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say you had a pretty good time. I thought for sure the jeep was goner when you was going over the tree roots and the big puddle of water next to it.

Haha me too, thats why I got closer to it incase I had to catch it.

Does anyone have any ideas on forming lexan sheeting over parts, I am going to be attempting my JK brute hybrid and need some tips. Also ideas on inner fenders to help keep mud n debris out from inside the truck.

What about a heat gun on low?

thats an idea, would hair dryer work tok I dont have a heat gun anymore.. The way the interior and cage is setup I may do a 4dr brute with a flatbed for a spare or somthin. 2dr brute may look goofy with such a long bed.

Going to start wrenchin on the JK and het the 4ws installed and see if I can't make a dyi chassis mounted servo holder to keep the scale look and maintain a subtle look for it.

Before I switch it over to 4ws I decided to show everyone the first stage of the 4dr Brute. I looks rough I know, because its just the beginning of the mod.
u9ymesep.jpg

equne7yt.jpg

looks sick!!

Thanks not guilty, took me about an hour deciding on the shell over top or tucked unerneath.... I am also installing a driver from my sons toy box so I can look better on the trail! Hopefully Brian Deegan can show me a new form of skills!!

Took me a couple of seconds to realize that it wasn't a Humm-Vee.

Thats what I thought too at first, so I guess I can say Brute Hybrid, the hybrid portion will be a HV except I dont have ifs front and rear lol.

Body done with driver, drying flat black shell re-spray then will do final touch up on it. Now I'm knuckles deep in her converting her over to independent 3pos toggle 4ws, I am hoping all goes well, only thing I see right now that could be problematic would be clearance during articulation and possble fitting issues with cms or axle mounted servo... Fingers crossed!

Can't wait to see the "finished" product. (We all know these things are never finished...)

90% Completion, a bit more smoothing on the roof between cuts and its done, no idea how I am going to hide these marks....
azyna8e7.jpg

ejypeny3.jpg

Trial & hopefully no error 4ws setup. I have one of them feelings I will need to rig up a diy panhard bar to eliminate side to side sway when steering with this cms setup.. The rear bumper provided mounting holes as if it was meant to go there..
3yzudy6u.jpg

qy5agy9e.jpg

uby8eme7.jpg

uzuru6uq.jpg

9utamezy.jpg

Looks like some simple clearance adjustments need to be made between articulation and shock compressing, turning the wheels by hand do create a side to side sway so its time to research diy panhard bars.

And were done! Other than a panhard bar she is as good as I can do for her and hope you hiys like the change!
pa2enegu.jpg
ypyqade2.jpg
7edygu7y.jpg
y3a5y3yr.jpg
dybydazy.jpg
tasazyje.jpg
yhyqy3y2.jpg

Will be heading to a park with the fam in a bit for a test drive to make sure all works well.

Hmmm, guess I lost my fanbase lol.

I am in need of a way to fill the cactus holes in my tires so I wont go flat, any ideas on what I can use?..

Also thinking about plasti dip spraying my axles and trans cover along with my servos.

How about RTV inside the tires? It would be like Green Slime for tires without air.

How about RTV inside the tires? It would be like Green Slime for tires without air.

I thought about that, I wonder if I could flip the tire inside out and paint it on, I can't run vents anymore because my rig is WP and dont wanna ruin my foams..

Anyone have any info on DIY panhard bars? I camt seem to find info on the matter.

Vanquish sells one for their Currie SCX axles.