Killers 'Black n Blue' JK Rubi Brute Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BLAM! No HD but a MUCH better resolution in the 480p setting, turn it up and enjoy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, makes me want a scaler again so bad! Nice vid buddy.

Damn, makes me want a scaler again so bad! Nice vid buddy.

Well get your act together and build one Lloyd, been too long! But thanks man it was fun.

Another "Killer" video bro!

Thanks Pete, making these videos are really a killer sometimes and wear me out and can get stale!! Especially if I can't decide on a song...

Anyone have any tricks to keeping hardware secure in plastic parts? Specifically the knuckles, the end of part 2 is the result of a screw from knuckle to chub coming out...

Also I am going camping for 4 days in the Uintas at Marsh Lake and will be taking all of my working rigs for full blown mayhem!!

Also will be working into my next video series for the JK. "The Uinta Mountains Jeep JK Expedition" 3 part series

Thanks alot @WoodiE, your kind words are very gratifying and am glad I can share my creations with everyone here @ RCNT!!
--------

I have been brainstorming some ideas for the JK since I have not done anything new to it in quite sometime. One idea I am really considering is making this a 4ws scaler and am in need on how thats accomplished. I would rather install a VP dig tranny in her but IMO dig is over-used and am not interested in being norm....

I have a pretty good sense on what I will need for the conversion, but am curious if anyone has seen or built a chassis mounted servo for the rear, I would prefer a scale look to it by tucking the servo up out of sight like my CMS front end.

I would require an axle that is setup with knuckles & chubs, and if CMS isnt an option, an axle mounted servo plate. Is there any other parts or any mods required to accomplish 4ws? And yeah I have a channel w/ a 3 pos switch, I dont want fulltime 4WS..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone? I know I am not that hated on the forum and my threads arent THAT bad!... Lol

The stock SCX-10 axles can be set up as either front or rear depending on whether or not the lockout is used. A bonus is that they have the necessary lugs for the steering servo plate.

The stock SCX-10 axles can be set up as either front or rear depending on whether or not the lockout is used. A bonus is that they have the necessary lugs for the steering servo plate.

Thanks hamz thats what I thought, I may have to mod a chassis mounted servo bracket myself but all in good fun.

Okay got back a week ago but burned myself out of RC related things.... But here is some pics from my trip before my phone died. Goofin off with some BFG rally tires too!
adabe6u5.jpg

y3e2u4aj.jpg

yna3yneh.jpg

e5a4upyr.jpg

tu4yvyny.jpg

pa5eqe9y.jpg

@WoodiE, haha yeah me and my 4yr old boy are the same height..

-----------

Got 70 minutes of the JK in action all over within the Uintas, and I am currently editing part 1 of 3. 3 hours into the project and havnt even chosen songs for it or added the synced FX into it, so MAYBE 40%....

I'm sure as always we will all enjoy your video master piece!!!!

Mmmmm, Uintas. Oh, sorry, we're talking about something else I guess. :D Great vid Loring, makes me want to dig out the RC stuff soon.

What video Randy, its not done unless your peaking through my windows or hacked into my laptop from space :hehe: it will be done later today I hope.

I'm sure as always we will all enjoy your video master piece!!!!

I hope so because its not for anyone but RCNT, not even YouTube viewers... I can barely stand watching them when they are done, replaying a video 40+ times with the same song syncing beats to action gets old.... Though my oldest boy loves watchin them too.

Lol theres Part 2 to my last paired video series but this is a new 3 parter.

Thanls Ralph, not scale wheels but.oh well.. The boy insisted he come with me driving too haha

Well Part I is complete and is being published as we speak, never imagined a video taking 10 total hours to complete.... Honestly I am exhausted and just tickled that I have another 40-45min of footage to edit for the the other 2 parts.. Ill see if I can get it up tonight