Keep fouling glo plugs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitrofan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I am full on frustrated. It seems that I keep fouling glo plugs. It does not matter what engine it is in that I have. I have tried it now in four different engines and I seem to be losing glo plugs rather quickly. I think it has something to do with my igniter. Is it possible that the igniter is bad. I mean it lights them just fine and all of a sudden they just stop working I need your help.

what kind of plugs are you using? What kind of ignitor are you using? and are your engines running to rich

Both Fantom and Picco engines and OS #8 medium or similar. The rich thing could very well be since I just broke in the picco and the fantom engines I have. The glo igniter I am not sure what it is exactly, however it seems to be an ok one. I am going to try cleaning the contacts very well. Yeah I just got the plug last week and maybe have three tanks on the picco and it is dead. However even one that I have maybe 10 tanks on I hadn't used in like a month or so and switched it to the picco and it killed it. I also killed one while it was in the 21BB as well.

Whats up bro....when your truck does run what temp range is it running in. Could be a tuning prob.??

id say try leaning out your engines

Need more info before a diagnosis can or should be given.

What head temps are you running? What fuel at what percentage are you running? What are the outside ambient temps your running in? Is the wire in the plug actually being broken? Is the wire inside the plug out of shape? If so, is it straight, compressed to the bottom or just generaly out of shape? (no longer looks like a spring)

Yes I am running the tank out of fuel but the problem is I only had maybe two tanks on this one before it went bad. I am going to pick up a temp gun this weekend and see what temps it is running at. I seriously need to figure this out cuz at $4.00 per ever three tanks it's going to get expensive quick.

as its running empty it leans out causing u to foul plugs fill it up before it goes to empty

I always run all my cars empty though. I go through plugs during the break-in periods only. TTemp gun was my best investment.

Originally posted by rc_king
as its running empty it leans out causing u to foul plugs fill it up before it goes to empty

No way dude I have done that with one glo plug for like a year and let me tell you it was fine. All it does is flame out so what that happens and it turns off after it does should be just fine. I will have to look into the temp thing though.

Back