K.I.T. Kinesthetic Instructional Technique

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fliers1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I've been trying to share what I call Kinesthetic Instructional Technique for many years now. It seems that those who already know how to fly have problem with it.

I've been available to give free 30 minutes sustained of RC flying experience for many years now and only those who want to learn seem to be interested. I've contacted AMA, MAAC , UK BMFA, and even Austrailia MAAA organizations. No joy anywhere. But I do get contacts from beginners from timeto time, but unfortunately Covid-19 put a damper on everything.

For those who are able to take advantage of my free service, I'm still available, 7 days a week and at your convenience. I have a very large and mostly unused flying field and I have several LT-40 trainers always ready to fly. If you would simply like to talk about it, I am willing to do so on this forum or my email address, [email protected]

I've been trying to share what I call Kinesthetic Instructional Technique for many years now. It seems that those who already know how to fly have problem with it.

I've been available to give free 30 minutes sustained of RC flying experience for many years now and only those who want to learn seem to be interested. I've contacted AMA, MAAC , UK BMFA, and even Austrailia MAAA organizations. No joy anywhere. But I do get contacts from beginners from timeto time, but unfortunately Covid-19 put a damper on everything.

For those who are able to take advantage of my free service, I'm still available, 7 days a week and at your convenience. I have a very large and mostly unused flying field and I have several LT-40 trainers always ready to fly. If you would simply like to talk about it, I am willing to do so on this forum or my email address, [email protected]
What is it you're trying to do exactly? It sounds like you offering to give free flying lessons but no one knows where you or you fields are lcoated

What is it you're trying to do exactly? It sounds like you offering to give free flying lessons but no one knows where you or you fields are lcoate
Not just flying lessons, but a way to teach people to teach RC flying. If someone wants to know where I am, they can email me about my location.
I've been teaching for several decades, but I'll be 74 this month and running out of gas. So I am trying to pass on my teaching method to others so they can become better instructors. I can and have everyone land on their very first ever RC flying experience. Most of my students can skillfully solo within a couple of hours, at the same time, more or less. Imagine if there were hundreds or thousands of RC flight instructors who easily do that same thing.
My problem locally, is clubs fear that this method will catch on and quickly overcrowd their flight lines with too many newcomers. If I train someone, they newbie won't have to join a club. The club loses out on dues income. See the problem here?

If all hobby shops had K.I.T. promoters, these hobby shop owners won't have to depend on clubs to bring in new customers.

Last edited:
I went to a guy that lives near me once about 20 years ago. He had trainer planes with the tethered Tx's and such. After he took the plane a gazillion miles into the sky where I could barely see it I struggled to do anything or even know what I was doing. It wasn't a very fun experience. What state are you in?

I live in NY. 20 miles north of Buffalo, NY. I ran a commercial RC flight school a decade or so ago. I've probably trained over 400 people over the years.
I heard the same sad story you presented. I'm trying to expand my promotion/training technique so eventually, there could be many other K.I.T. promoters/instructors. I am hoping that members of the industry got involved and sent people to me so I can train them how to use this method.
For those who already know how to fly, it would only take approximately an hour or two. Possibly even less. I trained a couple of high school teachers and I think them being teachers, they learn very quickly. They then gave their students RC flight instruction on the school's RC simulators. I've worked with several schools over the years, but I haven't followed up on their progress. If you or anyone one would come to me, I would have you flying on your own within an hour. That I've done literally hundreds of times. Unlike the way instruction is run in clubs, all you have to do is show up, I give you a 5 minute ground school, and hand you the transmitter. I put my thumb and forefinger underneath your thumb which is on top of the aileron/elevator stick. 5 minutes later, you're flying on your own. No, no no, I'm sure someone is going to say that I'm hugging people. Even after I explained in detail like I just did, they will claim that. lol So, my plan is to pass this on to as many people as I can. The industry spends $5000 per month and maybe more for a full-page color ad, that doesn't guarantee anything. They could spend much less than that for my ideas and I can guarantee a hefty ROI. Return on investment. All for free or the cost of them sending someone my way. Many people don't realize that the hobby is on very thin ice. I ask the naysayers or anyone, what would you do with the skill to literally instantly teach people to solo status? Sometimes I tend to run off on the keyboard, but I think the future of the hobby/sport is worth it.

I live in NY. 20 miles north of Buffalo, NY. I ran a commercial RC flight school a decade or so ago. I've probably trained over 400 people over the years.
I heard the same sad story you presented. I'm trying to expand my promotion/training technique so eventually, there could be many other K.I.T. promoters/instructors. I am hoping that members of the industry got involved and sent people to me so I can train them how to use this method.
For those who already know how to fly, it would only take approximately an hour or two. Possibly even less. I trained a couple of high school teachers and I think them being teachers, they learn very quickly. They then gave their students RC flight instruction on the school's RC simulators. I've worked with several schools over the years, but I haven't followed up on their progress. If you or anyone one would come to me, I would have you flying on your own within an hour. That I've done literally hundreds of times. Unlike the way instruction is run in clubs, all you have to do is show up, I give you a 5 minute ground school, and hand you the transmitter. I put my thumb and forefinger underneath your thumb which is on top of the aileron/elevator stick. 5 minutes later, you're flying on your own. No, no no, I'm sure someone is going to say that I'm hugging people. Even after I explained in detail like I just did, they will claim that. lol So, my plan is to pass this on to as many people as I can. The industry spends $5000 per month and maybe more for a full-page color ad, that doesn't guarantee anything. They could spend much less than that for my ideas and I can guarantee a hefty ROI. Return on investment. All for free or the cost of them sending someone my way. Many people don't realize that the hobby is on very thin ice. I ask the naysayers or anyone, what would you do with the skill to literally instantly teach people to solo status? Sometimes I tend to run off on the keyboard, but I think the future of the hobby/sport is worth it.
It all sounds very interesting. If I lived close to you I would definitely hit you up for some training.

Back in 1998 and 2000, my wife and I traveled to Muncie, IN. for their Grand Event, which was a public demonstration. I gave them a demonstration using their newsletter editor, who didn't know how to fly at the time. The wind was around 15mph, with 20mph gust. I had him fly very well and even with minimal assistance, land in the wind. The officials who witnessed this happen were not impressed and suggested that I go somewhere else to show off my training method. Yeah. Now 20 odd years later, they have been losing millions on an annual basis, and that's just from their magazines alone.

I sent my plan to them many times and finally, they said they might send someone to me so I can show them how it works. I won't hold my breath.
Although they might be weakening. In all fairness, they did add my video on their flight school webpage, but nothing after that. Can't figure that one out. The only thing I can think of is clubs have a problem with what I'm proposing. The Executive Council who is really in charge is made up of 11 club leaders. You see, when I train someone, they don't have to join a club. The club loses out on dues income. There might be other reasons, but it doesn't matter. That's why I don't get any support from any club, but the industry should be beating a path to my door asking questions.

Back in 1998 and 2000, my wife and I traveled to Muncie, IN. for their Grand Event, which was a public demonstration. I gave them a demonstration using their newsletter editor, who didn't know how to fly at the time. The wind was around 15mph, with 20mph gust. I had him fly very well and even with minimal assistance, land in the wind. The officials who witnessed this happen were not impressed and suggested that I go somewhere else to show off my training method. Yeah. Now 20 odd years later, they have been losing millions on an annual basis, and that's just from their magazines alone.

I sent my plan to them many times and finally, they said they might send someone to me so I can show them how it works. I won't hold my breath.
Although they might be weakening. In all fairness, they did add my video on their flight school webpage, but nothing after that. Can't figure that one out. The only thing I can think of is clubs have a problem with what I'm proposing. The Executive Council who is really in charge is made up of 11 club leaders. You see, when I train someone, they don't have to join a club. The club loses out on dues income. There might be other reasons, but it doesn't matter. That's why I don't get any support from any club, but the industry should be beating a path to my door asking questions.
Can you share a link to some videos?

I have an idea on how to allow people to fly on a regular basis who can't afford to spend the several hundred dollars for equipment, club and AMA dues and having to go through the hassles of belonging to culbs. Sort of a rent-a-flight proposition. They pay a modest fee ($10) for say, a 30-minute instructional flight. They could do this infinitely. The good part of this is although he may never be able to buy anything, he will always have the flying skill. He could teach all year round indoors or outdoors once he learns how to fly and teach. She or he could teach others how to fly and teach. This would be great for the industry and AMA. That is the goal I'm working on. Teaching the school teachers also. Exponential growth for the hobby. All of this is not just theory, as I did precisely that when I ran my hobby/shop, so I know it is entirely feasible.