Just Saw: Hobbywing 10BL120 esc - New G2 esc! Sensorless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Just saw that Hobbywing came out with the 10BL120 ESC. It is the G2 esc. It is sensorless, not sensored. It also comes with a XT connector. It also comes with motor wires as bullets. Pretty cool. They came out with them a week ago. The G1s should be still available for the next few weeks until they run out them.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/quicrun-wp-10bl120-esc-g2

Thx, I was actually just doing some shopping at HobbyWing (and RadioControlPower) for a couple of new combos and a few extra individual motors and ESCs to start upgrading the stock electronics in some of my rigs.

nice find, the form factor appears to be very similar to the discontinued SCT version but with no sensor... where I've seriously been considering a switch back to sensorless electronics where they tend to offer more power because there is more space to fit a larger magnet in the rotor without a sensor board and not having to worry about replacing sensor boards is another plus. Only question is if the smoother sensored electronics are necessary for club racing?

That 120A G2 speed control is perfect! Perfect specs! Perfect price! Fills the Quicrun 120A sensorless void. Only options we had before were the 60A and 150A. Now that the new sensored G2 EZRun speed controls have jumped up in specs/features, the old becomes new as they say. Sweetness!
I may have to rethink what combo goes in my ET410.2 now. I had the EZRun Max10 G2 combo in my wish list when they first came out. Those new G2 Quicrun components are calling my name.

Last edited:
That 120A G2 speed control is perfect! Perfect specs! Perfect price! Fills the Quicrun 120A sensorless void. Only options we had before were the 60A and 150A. Now that the new sensored G2 EZRun speed controls have jumped up in specs/features, the old becomes new as they say. Sweetness!
I may have to rethink what combo goes in my ET410.2 now. I had the EZRun Max10 G2 combo in my wish list when they first came out. Those new G2 Quicrun components are calling my name.
Thanks to aaronass, and %5 off, I ordered me one... well, advanced ordered one anyway. Hopefully, the Quicrun 4000kv 3652 has about the same umph/power as the EZRun 4000kv 3652 G2 motors.
1688425046787.png

Not sure how long before Hobbywing gets them in stock. I'm in no hurry on my mini truggy build. I didn't even open the kit yet 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Back