Just got back into RC w/ a Chaos 1/16th

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dade0

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Sportwerks - Chaos. The thing started good the first day. I went real easy on it to break it in but now cannot get it to start. It got a rechargable glow igniter for it. I think the thing might be a POS. The car was easy to get going. A little too easy. I remember the old days when you had to build your Tamiya Super Champ or Kyosho Opmita 4wd mid. If I like Nitro I think I will get some big monster 1/8th and build it from the ground up. That is as much fun to me as driving. Anyway back to my point/ question. The fuel valve is not discussed in the manual. I assume it closes as the screw goes in and opens when the screw comes out. Correct? Some reliable steps to get the engine running would be very helpful. I read about covering the exhaust hole. This makes the pull start a bit difficult to pull but goes get easier after a few pulls. Is that normal? Can anyone suggest a good glow igniter?

If you hold your finger over the pipe until it gets hard to pull, your flooding the engine. Take the glow plug out, turn it upside down then pull the pullstart a few times to get all the excess fuel out. Re-install your plug and try to start it again. Watch your fuel line when priming the engine, when the fuel reaches the high speed needle, fuel valve, remove your finger. Then it should start.

As far as the needle adjustments, I don't know what a good starting point would be for those little engines as I've never had the chance to work on one.

Glow drivers, I like the kind with the meter on top and one that uses the rechargeable sub-c battery that can be removed, like this one....

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFBH8&P=7

Good luck with it and let us know how it runs, been thinking about buying one myself...

-NB

My local hobby shop has a few of them, but he told me not to buy one because there are a couple on the market that are a lot better. He said the plastic was cheap.

Back