Just Couldn't Resists!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanted these wheels for awhile, but I've been hesitant since the reviews were mixed. Half the reviewers says that they couldn't get the wheels to hold the beads. I know with a lot of these kind of things, there are many people who just have poor mechanical skills. So, I took a chance since half did say it works well for them. Plus, at $30 and 'free return', what do I really have to lose, but time and patience.
The plan was to use the Gen8V2 stock Iroc Super Swampers. These tires had performed really well, so I wanted to use them again. The tires has a really proprietary bead design specifically for the plastic, stock Redcat beadlock rims. So, a bit of trimming was required. The first install took some time, and help establish a technique. The next 2 went on rather quickly. The last one was quite a challenge. I just had a really hard time getting the tire bead fully seated. After an hour of assembling/ unassembling/ reassembling I finally got everything to bite! I absolutely love the look of this classic, old school style rim on the Scout!
After work and finishing missing the lawn, I had a little bit of time to do a quick run through the home course. Combined with the new Hobbywing Fusion motor, it performed great! Looking forward to take on a full crawl session, hopefully, in the next few days.
Before:
0617211811.jpg

After:
0906211638_Burst01.jpg

I've been wanted these wheels for awhile, but I've been hesitant since the reviews were mixed. Half the reviewers says that they couldn't get the wheels to hold the beads. I know with a lot of these kind of things, there are many people who just have poor mechanical skills. So, I took a chance since half did say it works well for them. Plus, at $30 and 'free return', what do I really have to lose, but time and patience.
The plan was to use the Gen8V2 stock Iroc Super Swampers. These tires had performed really well, so I wanted to use them again. The tires has a really proprietary bead design specifically for the plastic, stock Redcat beadlock rims. So, a bit of trimming was required. The first install took some time, and help establish a technique. The next 2 went on rather quickly. The last one was quite a challenge. I just had a really hard time getting the tire bead fully seated. After an hour of assembling/ unassembling/ reassembling I finally got everything to bite! I absolutely love the look of this classic, old school style rim on the Scout!
After work and finishing missing the lawn, I had a little bit of time to do a quick run through the home course. Combined with the new Hobbywing Fusion motor, it performed great! Looking forward to take on a full crawl session, hopefully, in the next few days.
Before:
View attachment 132116
After:
View attachment 132118
Love that look. And those tires look wicked!