Just bought the Spektrum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave it plenty of room to breath. Ha ha.
I like things to go on and off easily.
Yes its an aftermarket wheel.
I don't recall the brand.

I've had Spektrum in my Mayhem and in my Revo using an M8 for the last few weeks. It made a big difference in that, my glitching is completely gone. One of the best things is that my antenna is under the body on my Revo now. I cut the antenna down to 4.5", so if I wheelie, I don't have to worry about the antenna gettting scraped up. Also, the antenna only sticks out of the top of my Mayhem like 2".

Domination said:
ok well i got mine yesterday and just tryied it out toaday. It works great and has a very far distance i i drove it down my street until it was just a little dot i could see. The only this though is I'm trying to figure out whats up with the builtin fail-safe because when i shut the reciever off it doesn't apply the brakes far enough and I've tried "binding the RX and TX a few times still can't get it i might email horizon if i can't get it.
Did you hold the brake while the module was binding with the receiver?

So far I havn't had any problems at all, no long distance running yet though, just through my little back yard.

vgibbens said:
Did you hold the brake while the module was binding with the receiver?

yes i tried multiple times. I'm just sending it back to horizon and getting a new one i already talked to them. But other than that i LOVE the system just switch on and go no need to ever change crystals and GREAT distance. So i hope the new on i get works weel for me.

No word from Ratzo yet?! Whats taking so long, i want to know!

I remember that I never gave my short review.
Spectrum kicks ass.
I have been running it since April almost every weekend and not so much as a blip.
Works 100%.
The only thing that I don't like is that there is no failsafe for low battery on the car.

I just ordered the Spektrum Radio $249. I think its in a JR case. Should get it next week, and have it installed in time for next Sundays race. I'll update in a week, say how I like it. Should be sweet not having to worry about a radio conflict.

I raced with the Spektrum DSM Radio today and was a little dissappointed. Just wanted to make you guys aware of a small problem.......

good
Its great to forget about frequency conflicts, and any concern of anybody ever being on your channel and turning on their radio. I experienced NO glitches whatsoever.

bad
I was used to the JR Radios. They have a nice exponential rate, where you can dial in "how fast" the servo moves. Very useful for nitro touring. The Spectrum only has an "adjustable rate" for steering, and it works on a percentage of the servo throw. I had the throw up to 125%, but tried to dial the rate down to 65%. (I like to steer smoothly down the straight). But the 65% here on the Spektrum is now limiting the throw down to 65%.

In short, the JR exponential can adjust "how fast" to the full throw.
the Spektrum's "rate" changes the extent of the throw.

I don't like that. I hope I made sense. I'm looking into an M8.

thanks for the review...i agree it doesn't have some of the nicer adjustments as some others

3pk Black plus spektrum. I did not have to do any dremeling.