Just bought the Spektrum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatzoRC

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I was very interested in this when I was reading about it in RC car Action.
I have NOT heard anything about this from an actual user.
I will have to post a review after this weekend.
If anyone has this, post your thoughts here.

I am really interested in how it performs. I know that there were some glitching problems ... well, actually delayed response problems. Will you be using it at all this sunday? I'd sure like to take some pics of it with this new camera I'm getting, if Santa comes in the brown sleigh tomorrow. Shoot, if it performs as well as I hope, I'm getting rid of my JR XS3 for it and fit it into the Helios EX-10.

swee Ratzo.. can't wait for the review! I'm pretty intersted in the spektrum myself. I know it'll come in handy for racing cuz I can't change frequencies right now on my 3PK and I can't see te point in getting a synth module when I can pick up one of these.

yeah i also just ordered one i should be getting it in the mail tomorrow.

I hear 50/50...I saw a guy that's racing on state/national level had one at the track for a few weeks then monday he had crystals back in his M8......I hear another guy doing electrics bought 3 setups and doesn't use any of them now....then my friend rich has one and loves it...he uses the KO radio w/ it...Another track regular got one as soon as they were released and say he has 0 problems w/ it in his R1...seems most of the guys using the M8 version are having the glitches.....the 3PK is more 50/50 w/ the guys I see........I have a really nice track near me and we get some really good drivers there theat have all top end stuff.......I want a spektrum too but I'm waiting for it to be fine tuned more........

but the more people who get the spektrum set the less people using the FM freqs...so everybody get one and I can have all the FM channels to myself.....

Ok Plaid, one more for ya bud. I couldn't wait. I was at my LHS picking up my pipe and starter box and it was just there starin at me. I had to get it. I'm officially ready to go racin'!

Lessen said:
I can't change frequencies right now on my 3PK and I can't see te point in getting a synth module when I can pick up one of these.

I swear, I'm so freakin clueless... when I took out my regular module I decided to open it up.. it seems as though I can change crystals in it... kind of a PITA but still possible. definately not designed for convenience.

ok well i got mine yesterday and just tryied it out toaday. It works great and has a very far distance i i drove it down my street until it was just a little dot i could see. The only this though is I'm trying to figure out whats up with the builtin fail-safe because when i shut the reciever off it doesn't apply the brakes far enough and I've tried "binding the RX and TX a few times still can't get it i might email horizon if i can't get it.

Well, I found this on their homepage.

[inwindow=300]http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Next/Default.html[/inwindow]

I have had my M8 for more years then most people have been in the hobby. Its getting close to the time for a new one. From what I hear through the rumor mill there will be several high end radios coming out with the technology built in.

Upgrade what I have or hang out till the new radios are on the market?
Decisions....

I'm interested to see what you guys have to say about your new toys.

BTW, Sound off as to what radios you are sliding these bad boys into.

Futaba 3pk. I'll have an answer for you tomorrow.

I didn't know I had too.
I guess I'd better get off my ass.
Thanks lesson. :cheers:

Dremeling done!
Unit installed!
Very nice I might add.
I hope it's all that it's cracked up to be.

Do you have any pic's of the unit. I'm just qurious, I'v never seen one

RatzoRC said:
Dremeling done!
Unit installed!
Very nice I might add.
I hope it's all that it's cracked up to be.

cool man, I'm just glad it was minimal work. Don't look too bad either. The Spektrum module is a bit taller than the standard FM module. the cover fits nice and snug with it in there. Did you ever notice how it slides off rather easily with the FM module installed?

I'm with ya. I hope it's worth the rave myself. Not a cheap unit by any means. My LHS is stocking them now. I wired my S3 up last night (early this morning) Seems pretty nice so far.. it's super fast. I think I was reading specs somewhere and noticed that it's supposed to be faster than HRS. Now I have an extra receiver. I think I'll keep it untill/if I'm sold on Spektrum... other wise I think I'll try n sell it.

I have a lot of PCM receivers that I think will be in the for sale forum soon.
Thats if all works out ok with the Spektrum.

Clintd said:
Do you have any pic's of the unit. I'm just qurious, I'v never seen one
spektrumtx.jpg

spektrumrx.jpg

damn, you cut the hell outta that cover, lol. Naa, I'm just playin man. Looks good! I recently noticed I need to make a bit of room for the bind button.When I put the cover on it slightly pushes (but doesn't activate) it. I would just feel a little bitter if it could breath. Basically, I'm just anal.

you got an aftermarket wheel on that bro? I see some yellow??