JR XS3 Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT2Jumper

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i am thinking about getting the JR XS3 Pro. is this a good buy and is it a good radio. please reply becuase i am thinking about getting it and i wanna know if it is good or bad??

Thomas

Great radio, you will not be sorry. And it had multi model memory so you can use it for many models. I have always liked JR stuff because it works great for me.

if you got the extra money u should look into an M8 TX only and throw the spektrum in... just a thought

Just for your INFO. Big differences between the original XS3 to the XS3 Pro is the finish of course. plus the receiver is the newer model RS310 which is smaller in dimension and has a 10 model memory as opposed to the 6 model memory of the XS3. Either one you will be happy.

Last edited:
this shoud be moved to the proper fourm or not???

I agree with Jon2. The "Pro" version of the XS3 is a waste. You can get the same features in the non-Pro XS3 and be just as happy. Unless you plan on running 10 different RC's as opposed to 6. You can get a used non-Pro XS3 on ebay for ~$150 shipped.

ZANDOR said:
this shoud be moved to the proper fourm or not???
Moved to appropriate forum. Enjoy!

Jon2
RCNT Staff

The differences between the standard XS3, and the Pro are in the realm of things are not that big. But here's the deal. The "comfort" touches on the Pro are the entire reason I bought the thing. The adjustable trigger gives you precise braking when you crank the trigger down on your finger. For some people maybe this is not a big deal but to me with very long skinny fingers this was the only way I could get precise braking controls without having to move my finger lots to reach the brake side of the trigger.

The grip pad that comes with the Pro is very nice during 15 minute A-Mains. It gives a good comfort feel. It makes me more confident that the TX isn't going to slip out of my hands while driving.

Other than the 310 rx which really is that much smaller, and the silver casing those are really the only differences. If you like all the "comfort" touches, buy the PRO, otherwise just save your money to replace the standard 270 servo that comes with either kit. To me the system was worth it but make up your own mind when you hold the tx at your LHS.

Hope that helps at all.

i just bought an xs3 for $60 shipped and bought the rs300 (almost new) receiver for $60 shipped total $120 shipped awaiting its arrival as i type.

i did research as well and came to coclude this was a nice radio for a beginner like myself that doesn't have to buy another radio because i bought a cheapo first.

arawak420 said:
i just bought an xs3 for $60 shipped and bought the rs300 (almost new) receiver for $60 shipped total $120 shipped awaiting its arrival as i type.

i did research as well and came to coclude this was a nice radio for a beginner like myself that doesn't have to buy another radio because i bought a cheapo first.
That is a good point. It is a great radio for beginner or more. Don;t get me wrong the Pro is still a cool radio. I am looking for a RS310 now as I want the rx for it s size and capability. Regardless I am happy with my OG XS3.

The RS310 is also the revised version of the RS300. The RS310 is smaller in size and is not as vaulnerable to vibration damage. People were complaining about the RS300 just cutting out and this was due to vibration damage. The RS310 is also less prone to glitching.

I have the XS3, my borther has the XS3Pro. The pro has 10 model memory, better dead band adjustment and a master steering control. There are a few other functions, such as the ability to make use of a faster rate for the servos in order to utilize the speed of the digital servos.

All those functions are great for the advanced driver but even for the average modeller, the radio is very functional and user friendly. The one thing you may notice, for both the regular and pro model, is the fast draining of the batteries. You may want to invest in the rechargeable pack and charger. Not any charger will suffice. Make sure it's for the JR radio since the polarity of the plug is reversed when compared to other radios.