JR Digital Servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatzoRC

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm thinking of getting a pair for my new buggy.
JR 8550 dgital.
Anyone know anything about this product?
Anyone have them?

So far I've only seen them used in airplanes. The last conversation at the flying field about them tells me they're pretty amazing. There's a software program and a USB cable to plug them into your computer, at which time you can program in the speed and torque settings you want. (there's a mem chip in the servo's circuit board) I think you also need to upgrade the receiver if you are not using a computer radio. Most computer radios have a Frame Rate setting that these servos require.

I have the 3 pk. I don't think i'll have a problem.
I never heard of programming them. All the settings that you spoke of, can be done with my radio.
Unless, you HAVE to do it on a cp first......hmmmm

I have the comp radio also, but those adjustments are for end point travel and a few others. With the digitals you can actually program the speed and torque. It's not a mandatory thing, it's extra, but the program gives the guys with the over $1000 planes, infinite control over each surface. Slow and realistic scale speed for the up and down on retractable gear and things like that. I'm not sure if they would have an advantage over a good high speed, hi torque standard car servo.

They have better holding power over standard anologue servos. So if you hit a rut, your truck will stay where you put it. Also wont fight you in the turns, and supposed to be more accurate.

Okay. That's good to know. Since my radio and receiver can handle it, I might think about changing out the steering servo. I don't see the need to spent that kind of money for the throttle.
I saw a price on one for $135. Seems a bit steep, but I know they're costly.