John the battery guy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anyone purchased some of the custom pack from him? I'm not going lipo yet because I am just a backyard basher, and a lil nervous keeping up with the maintenance

here is the site
fastrcbatteries.com

I havent but dont over think lipo's, alot of people do and there not a death trap like people think lol, just use commen sense and you will be fine.

I keep telling that to my self. The velenion system has the cutoff and I have the Duratrax Onyx 230 charger, which I think is good enough.

In that case what are some decently priced lipos that will kick ass in the slash? And if anyone has any feedback on John lets hear it.

I haven't used them yet.. I may buy one soon, but from what I've heard they are good quality.

Dont fallinto all the death mumbo jumbo...... As long as you arent learning to juggle on concrete, with ur lipo's as ur juggling balls..... you will be fine.

exactly my point Alpine, those vids on youtube are from packs that were intentionally messed up really bad to get them to catch fire, sure it can and does happen but its rare and all it takes is brains to NOT have that happen.

but i have not purchased packs through them, i go though hobby-lobby and hobbyking alot though.

I finally went lipo on one my RC's and it kicks butt, as long as you charge them properly there is nothing to worry about, now to go check out that site...

good stuff, thanks guys. I will look into some LiPos

I'm afraid of lipo! but I'm trying to switch from nitro to electric so once i do enough reserch on them maby ill be get some

I'm afraid of lipo! but I'm trying to switch from nitro to electric so once i do enough reserch on them maby ill be get some

Do not be afraid....... these thngs are NOTHING to be scared of. Its a battery! If they were that bad, they wouldnt sell them to children in hobby stores. lol

good point. maby its just the price tag that I'm afraid of

Maybe thats it $70-$100 is a lot for a battery.

but somthing that gets you ALOT more run time and power in a smaller package. and since time= money, these things pay for themselves in runtime alone!