Jammin SCRT-10 vs Ofna Hyper 10SC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeabajuice

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
There is going to be an off road track opening up here in Staten Island (finally) and I want to buy a 4x4 brushed short course truck. I don't want to use my Slash because I only use it for bashing. I was wondering which one of the two is the best.

Bump. Do not a lot of people like Jammin and Ofna? I heard they make one of the best racing rc cars.

Oh man that is one hell of a hard choice, BOTH are excellent vehicles. But I think I would go with the Jammin. It has CVDs on all corners and I like the C-hubs over the pillow balls for strength. I like the Jammin servo saver better too. Either one is a great choice though you would be happy with either. But I think more though goes into the Jammin line of RCs

LOL:hehe:
I was thinking about getting the Jammin until I saw this commercial.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VxAchRGmC8"]Jammin R/C Commercial - YouTube[/ame]
It looks like a Tyco rc commercial.
I love how the building blows up at the end.....everyone dies.

LMFAO!! Haha that was a cool but goofy commercial, I like how the kids die too lol!!

I am sure you can use the slash for racing with the right modifications, I am still yet to encounter this so called "high center of gravity" with the 4x4, I think it does better then the Losi XXX

I also have another question. I know nothing about batteries so what battery do I use that is available on Amain Hobbies that will fit on the Jammin SCRT10 RTR and will give me a good run time?
No Lipo.
Also what charger do I use and is there anything else I need to buy with the charger?

Last edited:
Your run time depends on the motor/ESC combo and gearing you use. If you are not going lipo nimh is the next best thing. Keep in mind unless they have a class for non-lipo brushed you are always going to get out ran by the brushless guys.

Yes, there is a class for non lipo. How much cells would fit on the Jammin and how many volts would I need? Soooo many chargers......which one to use!!

8 cell Nimh is what you're after, (8.4v) but as for runtime I'm not really sure whats around because I'm all lipo.
A good charger will be all you need, no charge bags are needed.
But I would be getting a few batteries because nimh charges slower so be prepared, and remember to run them down or cycle them after racing.

Back