It's time, well, almost...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I waited a long time for these to come into stock. The windshield is actually a piece of guitar amp speaker front I had.
We waited like 2 months for my bike to come back in stock before buying it! That's not SUPER long though compared to current world situations! Oh, creative! I can see how you did that now, cutting it to size, and zip tying it (I love zip ties!) to the "A-pillars" (I think that's what those are called anyway!). It gives it some extra flair and personality, and I'm guessing it stops clumps of dirt, grass, and stick from coming into the cabin, at least mostly?

We waited like 2 months for my bike to come back in stock before buying it! That's not SUPER long though compared to current world situations! Oh, creative! I can see how you did that now, cutting it to size, and zip tying it (I love zip ties!) to the "A-pillars" (I think that's what those are called anyway!). It gives it some extra flair and personality, and I'm guessing it stops clumps of dirt, grass, and stick from coming into the cabin, at least mostly?
Yes, a little bit of protection means a lot. ;)
Zip ties and Duct tape go together like peanut butter and jelly...:thumbs-up:

Yes, a little bit of protection means a lot. ;)
Zip ties and Duct tape go together like peanut butter and jelly...:thumbs-up:
Yup, I love my own DIY rear A-arm dirt/mud guard panels I made, keeps things cleaner and smoother back there! Between zip ties, duct tape, and super glue, there isn't a whole lot you can't fix!

In this older picture you can see those rear mud/dirt guards I made, it's not the best angle and the car is leaning to one side (🤣🤣) (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kf5yIdTnkRAHN7CZgjuxt0w_-upO_BPU/view?usp=sharing
Woah, let's keep it family friendly bro.
I second that 🤣🤣 Let's steer this another way!

Rovan had got better over the years an I think the partnered up with some other 5th scale heavy hitters
in the market ,they are stepping up their game with aluminum parts on their RTR's as well at a reasonable
price!..😎

https://www.rovanrc.com/product-rv450maxts-gn

1647883386138.png

^^^That's one I've been eyeballing for quite a while. That would be bad ass with a set of sand paddles and out on the sand dunes.

Rovan had got better over the years an I think the partnered up with some other 5th scale heavy hitters
in the market ,they are stepping up their game with aluminum parts on their RTR's as well at a reasonable
price!..😎

https://www.rovanrc.com/product-rv450maxts-gn

View attachment 144174
Not bad, $1,300 for all that lot isn't bad, and considering the Xmaxx is $0.05 short of $1k, it's fairly priced. But, $1.3k is still a lot for an RC! I've noticed that on many of these large scale gas/nitros rigs, a fair amount of metal parts are installed as standard, including stuff like metal A-arms. Normally, metal parts like this aren't recommended, is it because these rigs are so big and heavy, you have to beef up almost everything? Take the Primal RC Raminator for example, the chassis on that thing is 95%+ metal (aluminum, I believe), and the whole thing weighs 80lbs+ all said and done, but I haven't heard of anyone breaking stuff on it yet, other than one or two slightly bend suspension links, maybe a bent shock shaft, and shock pistons or something shock-related on the V1, the V2s have slightly longer travel (IIRC) so all the weight isn't being stopped by just the piston bottoming out.

That thing looks super wide, Rovan say it's a "Sand Rail Buggy/Truck", but IMO it's more like a desert buggy, possibly and desert truck?
^^^That's one I've been eyeballing for quite a while. That would be bad ass with a set of sand paddles and out on the sand dunes.
Not sure if the cleaning would be so "bad-ass" lol! A lot of metal to WD-40 (to prevent rust)! And not to mention an engine, but it would be fun running it!

Not bad, $1,300 for all that lot isn't bad, and considering the Xmaxx is $0.05 short of $1k, it's fairly priced. But, $1.3k is still a lot for an RC! I've noticed that on many of these large scale gas/nitros rigs, a fair amount of metal parts are installed as standard, including stuff like metal A-arms. Normally, metal parts like this aren't recommended, is it because these rigs are so big and heavy, you have to beef up almost everything? Take the Primal RC Raminator for example, the chassis on that thing is 95%+ metal (aluminum, I believe), and the whole thing weighs 80lbs+ all said and done, but I haven't heard of anyone breaking stuff on it yet, other than one or two slightly bend suspension links, maybe a bent shock shaft, and shock pistons or something shock-related on the V1, the V2s have slightly longer travel (IIRC) so all the weight isn't being stopped by just the piston bottoming out.

That thing looks super wide, Rovan say it's a "Sand Rail Buggy/Truck", but IMO it's more like a desert buggy, possibly and desert truck?

Not sure if the cleaning would be so "bad-ass" lol! A lot of metal to WD-40 (to prevent rust)! And not to mention an engine, but it would be fun running it!

Pretty much why I don't get into 5th scale although I have one ,but they are limited to what they can do , if I was to get
another ,it would be in more of for track racing with out all the aluminum!

I hang out with the heavy hitters that run big bore engines ,they twist & snap stuff all the time ,but its mainly gears ,pins ,
outdrives & axles!..😂😜

Pretty much why I don't get into 5th scale although I have one ,but they are limited to what they can do , if I was to get
another ,it would be in more of for track racing with out all the aluminum!

I hang out with the heavy hitters that run big bore engines ,they twist & snap stuff all the time ,but its mainly gears ,pins ,
outdrives & axles!..😂😜
Yeah, I take it that it isn't fun to have beef up everything, when your car just destroys parts! There's a limit to how much mass and power you want in a rig!

Big bore shocks I've heard of, but big bore engines? Must be normal for them to have their cars break axles like twigs! 🤣🤣

Yeah, I take it that it isn't fun to have beef up everything, when your car just destroys parts! There's a limit to how much mass and power you want in a rig!

Big bore shocks I've heard of, but big bore engines? Must be normal for them to have their cars break axles like twigs! 🤣🤣

I've detached myself from hanging with those heavy hitters ,my pockets aren't that deep & my ego isn't that big!...🤣😂😜

Good choice! IMO when you get rigs that big, everything gets big, expensive, and cumbersome real quick!
My fricken Revo has cost me about $700 in parts and property damage! when I say property damage, I mean crashing it into a parked car, and also I crashed the damn thing into some random mailbox. By the way, I'm 13 and going on 14 in April and $700 is a lot of money for a kid who doesn't have a job. It has the big bore engine conversion on it and with the right gearing I got it to go 70 mph. the thing is stupid crazy. I snapped the stock chassis in half even though its aluminum. I know it's not 1/5, but it's still stupid big for a 13-year-old. I will post a pick of it next to my rustler 4x4 when I get home.