It's time, well, almost...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Tomorrow is supposed to be up to 55f here so it's test and tune day. I have the Baja charging as we speak...

IMG_0268.JPG

Awesome. Give your wife a camera 😉
I tried that once. You noticed I said once?
I have a Gopro so I'll make a video. I may just go out to the shop and tune it up, so not sure if I am going out to the sand dunes or not.
It rained all day today so the sand will be pretty wet.

Didn't take it out today, I got busy in the shop and didn't get around to it.
There's always tomorrow. I spent the day designing and printing a paper towel holder of all things lol. It's for my workbench shelf, so at least it was RC related.

Very cool. I've been working on a work station and bought a couple of nice shelves for my rigs.
To be honest with you, I lost interest in the train but I am going to keep a corner open just for that.

Combo of both, big car, small couch, and yes, I charged the battery. I just got busy with other projects so didn't get a chance to take it out.
I mentioned above that the Baja that I have now has a 30.5cc engine and I installed the Q baja conversion kit, so it' about 4" shorter than the standard Baja.
The new one I am going to build is the full size Baja and will have a 45cc engine.

Lol. My five t’s setup the same way for charging.

Combo of both, big car, small couch, and yes, I charged the battery. I just got busy with other projects so didn't get a chance to take it out.
I mentioned above that the Baja that I have now has a 30.5cc engine and I installed the Q baja conversion kit, so it' about 4" shorter than the standard Baja.
The new one I am going to build is the full size Baja and will have a 45cc engine.
So more power, and a shorter wheelbase? I foresee some stunt potential! I need to do some work on my cars too, specifically my buggy. I haven't driven it in over a week, because of the leaky front shocks. I tried rebuilding and cleaning the front shocks, nope, I'm gonna need to order a front shock rebuild kit. All four shocks are leaky, the rears are leaky, but a very slow leak. The front left shock is the worst, after I serviced the front shocks a couple of weeks ago, I woke up the next day (or maybe two days later), to find the front lower A-arm shock mounting hole and the area around it had shock oil all over it! 🙄

The front O-rings are, as you can proabably guess, pretty much completely done, I HATE leaky shocks! Anyway, I'm getting off topic, and now y'all know my feeling toward leaky shocks. I've installed homemade shock shaft covers on all the shocks, and the rear A-arms have homemade mud guards installed too. I'm guessing the O-ring/seal wear was from before I made and installed those items. Hopefully I won't need to service the shocks again for a while after this service!

I'm also gonna lower the body on my 1/16 scale MT a notch or two on the body posts, just 'cause I think it'll look a little better.

No, the new one I am building is a standard size. The Q Baja I already have is the shorty version. I bought it as the standard Baja 5b but installed the Q Baja conversion kit.

Yes. The Rovan is a clone to the HPI but I highly recommend them and they are very inexpensive.

Been looking at their shorty modle. Lmk how it is