It Finally came!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm... Who said I wasn't serious? :p I am really loving that buggy! I have been a long time fan of Kyosho. Your pics and your excitement with it proves why. Def another kit in my future. Thinking of going 1/10 electric tho so I can get back on a track. Local tracks are indoor elect only. Prob a good thing. I am so out of practice I can see a blood and nitro covered turn marshall happening if I tried going that way at this point.

Ummm... Who said I wasn't serious? :p I am really loving that buggy! I have been a long time fan of Kyosho. Your pics and your excitement with it proves why. Def another kit in my future. Thinking of going 1/10 electric tho so I can get back on a track. Local tracks are indoor elect only. Prob a good thing. I am so out of practice I can see a blood and nitro covered turn marshall happening if I tried going that way at this point.
I've always wanted a Kyosho model but would always go the cheaper route. But after seeing the quality in this buggy I can definitely see why they cost as much as they do. But you're absolutely paying for quality and not just a brand. I remember being 5 years old and my dad letting me drive his Optima. I should've gone with Kyosho a long time ago, but oh well. They've got a life long customer now for sure.

Still have my original optima, although it's in kit form right now. I'm thinking now that the re release is out and parts aren't e-bay ridiculous anymore, I will rebuild. Also have my optima mid that I raced wayyyyy back... And it still SCREAMS... Brushed checkpoint before they went mainstream, old tekin etc... Its all loaded with parts that are unlikely to be seen again so it's more or less a shelf queen now.
Yeah, they are pricey but I believe you are correct. Its not just the name (yes, you do pay a premium) but the quality backs it up for sure!

Took her out for a quick blast and noticed my throttle servo was twitching horribly. In my experience this usually means the servo is damaged and no longer any good. So I dug out an old Traxxas digital servo and threw it in and BAM! Fixed. I'm actually quite surprised to be honest. You'd figure a servo would be one of the last things that would have any issue on a brand new buggy, but oh well.

1zz757m.jpg

Still have my original optima, although it's in kit form right now. I'm thinking now that the re release is out and parts aren't e-bay ridiculous anymore, I will rebuild. Also have my optima mid that I raced wayyyyy back... And it still SCREAMS... Brushed checkpoint before they went mainstream, old tekin etc... Its all loaded with parts that are unlikely to be seen again so it's more or less a shelf queen now.
Yeah, they are pricey but I believe you are correct. Its not just the name (yes, you do pay a premium) but the quality backs it up for sure!
I keep asking my old man if he'll just give me his Optima, but he won't even let me in the same room alone with it. Because he knows it'll be gone and out the door before he can even blink lol

I told him one day I'd come take it and restore it with updated parts and throw in brushless system without him knowing. That way when he went to drive it, he'd have one hell of a surprise :D

Last edited:
So upon further investigation as to why my throttle servo took a dump, I think I may have found the culprit. As soon as I opened it up a capacitor fell out. As if it was barely soldered on if at all. So start to take it apart more and the wires LITERALLY fall off the board. So I think it's safe to assume the reason it died was due to a bad soldering job.

apk5c9.jpg

Only other thing I could think of would be if it seriously overheated the board somehow. Likely you would see clear signs of that tho. Break out the soldering iron OR break out the phone and call for warrantee replacement. (i would do the later)

Only other thing I could think of would be if it seriously overheated the board somehow. Likely you would see clear signs of that tho. Break out the soldering iron OR break out the phone and call for warrantee replacement. (i would do the later)
Eh I'm not too worried about it. It's a pretty cheap servo anyway. More trouble than it's worth. I planned on upgrading both of them later on.

Understood, but spares are a wonderful thing.

I have no experience at all with Kyosho electronics. The closest I got was using an old 380(?) Gold can 540 brushed motor... And it STILL runs strong after over 20 years!

Get it warranty replaced and throw it in the toolbox. Good to have a spare handy when the LHS is closed. You did pay for it!!
This is true. But it'll probably have to wait till next Tuesday what all with the weekend and then the 4th is on Monday. I'm just glad I had a spare TRX servo. It's served me well. I've had it in 3 other vehicles over the past two and half years and it still works flawlessly.

Nice! Hope you got a set of new tires on the way! I don't see those lasting too long!:)

Back