It Finally came!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdriveSlideways

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Just opened her up. I have to say build quality is on point. None of the screws were backed out as I expected them to be unlike some brands that come RTR *cough* TRAXXAS *cough* nah just kidding. But yeah I'm super stoked and I can't wait to break her in and start ripping up my local track.

I'll also be posting my unboxing video in the photography and video section of the boards so be on the look out for that.

28g9c.jpg

nxn85e.jpg

35d6rug.jpg

53uwex.jpg

Here's a size comparison with my Redcat. Kyosho claims it to be a 1/10 but looks to be about a 1/9 maybe even closer to a 1/8 scale.

sg0jh3.jpg

Last edited:
Send it to me. I'll do a proper break in for you and return it when the weather gets too cold to run. :rolleyes:
Hahaha only in your dreams man. Oh and since we are on the subject of break in, the manual that came with the car doesn't have the break in procedure in English (go figure). So I looked up the manual on Kyosho's website and it says I only have to run one tank through it with the wheels off the ground while slowly easing into the throttle and loading it up, then letting off and it come back down to idle. It says after the first tank I can start running and tuning. I just wanted to make sure that sounded right to all of you experienced nitro guys on here.

Looks nice that :d

Be patient with the break in, I'd idle two tanks then run minimal throttle for a few whilst settling in the trim etc.

Looks nice that :d

Be patient with the break in, I'd idle two tanks then run minimal throttle for a few whilst settling in the trim etc.
Yeah I'll probably do a 4 tank break in.

Very nice! I would throw a guess out that your red cat is on the smaller size of 1/10 scale making the new one look enormous. I told a guy here about a vaterra rally and that it was way smaller compared to others in the same class... I dunno why one manufacturer and the other can't stay on track with the scale sizes. Anyways, yah... I would take time to break her in slowly... I think better safe than sorry. Maybe the new motors have some sort of newer metals, more precise tolerances, whatever and they done need the long break in... But what if they don't? I'd go slow and easy for a few tanks breaking it in nice.

Well I started the break in process today. Unfortunately it started to rain right as I burned through tank #2 so I had to cut it short.

I'm gonna finish tomorrow and hopefully have it tuned and running like a scalded ape before the weekend.

Just got in from an awesome run. I only had to lean it out 1/8 on the HSN and didn't even have to touch the LSN. She's an absolute dream to drive. Amazing throttle response and handling. Gonna be touching the wheels to dirt this weekend so I'll be sure to get a video of that for you guys.

Glad your break in went smooth for you. Now the fun begins!
Thanks man, so am I. This being my first nitro break in EVER, I was pretty nervous about doing it improperly. But thanks to you guys it couldn't have gone any better :cool:

So now that you've got it all broken in and you THINK you have it right, I will forward you my info... You need to send it to me so I can make SURE you've got it right. In those hot temps in TX, it's imperative! Don't worry, I guarantee that I'll have it back to you by July 4th 2025. So no worries!
I'm very happy our posts have been helpful and she's running like she should! Congrats bro!

So now that you've got it all broken in and you THINK you have it right, I will forward you my info... You need to send it to me so I can make SURE you've got it right. In those hot temps in TX, it's imperative! Don't worry, I guarantee that I'll have it back to you by July 4th 2025. So no worries!
I'm very happy our posts have been helpful and she's running like she should! Congrats bro!
Congrats on the addition to your family. Lol

That's great ,just keep it a little on the fat side for about a gallon...an some visual smoke
coming out of the pipe!...:cool:

Bro I thought you were dead serious there for a second. Until I saw July 4, 2025. Nice try though haha. You're definitely not the first to say that either.

That's great ,just keep it a little on the fat side for about a gallon...an some visual smoke
coming out of the pipe!...:cool:
Oh for sure man. I'm actually running the VP master basher mix, which is the 20% nitro 14% oil.

Back